Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Started The Fitting........

Well i finally decided as it was a nice day i would put the lexus out and start fitting the charger. Well after a few hours and scratched hands the Cooler n charger with the pipework are fitted. So now i only have the airbox, which looks like a bitch to fit as theres a reservoir stuck behind it :unsure: also the charger belt as guess what.......it wasnt in the box when i bought it (or it may have been but the fairys in the loft have moved it) so anyone know where i can get one from?? then theres the ECU to wire up.......mmhhmmmmm......but i do seem to have a few bits left over in the box :unsure: ooohh nooooo!!!!

As all knows what they look like i any uploaded any pics....sorry...but it seems quite easy to fit so far lol

Chris

Well i finally decided as it was a nice day i would put the lexus out and start fitting the charger. Well after a few hours and scratched hands the Cooler n charger with the pipework are fitted. So now i only have the airbox, which looks like a bitch to fit as theres a reservoir stuck behind it :unsure: also the charger belt as guess what.......it wasnt in the box when i bought it (or it may have been but the fairys in the loft have moved it) so anyone know where i can get one from?? then theres the ECU to wire up.......mmhhmmmmm......but i do seem to have a few bits left over in the box :unsure: ooohh nooooo!!!!

As all knows what they look like i any uploaded any pics....sorry...but it seems quite easy to fit so far lol

Chris

the belt u need can be brought from a euro car parts shop as is the same as a alfa 147 fan belt. but only one year of it i think? the size of which is a 800 pk or something like that. sure someone else can confirm the belt size

Chris

You have to remove the reservoir Chris, you should have got the parts to do this with the kit ? belt is pk5 800 :D

u can use some narrow bore silicon tubing as i did on mine mate for the clutch relocation kit - or use the part that was supplied if you have it??

belts are about 8 quid from camsill IIRC or 25 from prolex!!!

I have a Clutch Relocation kit im not using as i have a Induction kit, you can get the 5PK 800 belt from most motor factors.... euro car parts, Halfords places like that!! think mine was £20 if that? but i got a 790 as they had no 800 in stock still fits!!

I also have an old airbox cover that has a hole in it to fit around the clutch fluid bottle?? I just covered it with tape until i got the induction kit! if your gonna go down the same route i have the cover here! worked fine....

Tom.

The "800" number in something like 5PK800 refers to the number of teeth in the belt, doesn't it ? i.e. the belt size ?

If that's right, then presumably something with slightly more or slightly less teeth (e.g. 803/790) will still be ok but will just need to be adjusted slightly differently to make it fit (e.g. 803 is longer so the pulley will have to be moved outwards slightly to make it tight enough, and the reverse of that for a smaller belt).

Is that right or have I missed something ? :unsure:

The "800" number in something like 5PK800 refers to the number of teeth in the belt, doesn't it ? i.e. the belt size ?

If that's right, then presumably something with slightly more or slightly less teeth (e.g. 803/790) will still be ok but will just need to be adjusted slightly differently to make it fit (e.g. 803 is longer so the pulley will have to be moved outwards slightly to make it tight enough, and the reverse of that for a smaller belt).

Is that right or have I missed something ? :unsure:

Yep Stevie, 800 is how long the belt is, 5 is the teeth the belt has :D

Thanks guys. Isn't there something about the pulley having 6 grooves but the belt only having 5, and you needing to sit the belt on the right grooves ? Can't remember if this is the front 5 grooves or the rear-most 5. :unsure:

Yes mate you have the belt sitting in the front 5 grooves on the supercharger pully leaving an empty at the back :)

Thanks guys. Isn't there something about the pulley having 6 grooves but the belt only having 5, and you needing to sit the belt on the right grooves ? Can't remember if this is the front 5 grooves or the rear-most 5. :unsure:

Yes mate you have the belt sitting in the front 5 grooves on the supercharger pully leaving an empty at the back :)

EXACTLY!!! THE BELT NEEDS TO BE AS FAR FORWARD AS POSSIBLE

Well the belt arrived this morning, only ordered it yesterday from that camskill place.....good on them!! I aint got round to fitting it yet as been up the house putting lights in the walls for my stairs lighting....muchos funos with expanding foam :D .....also could someone post a close up pic of the reservoirr please so i can see what the crack is.....even when ive got it all fitted its still gonna be off the road :( as not taxed or anythin at the min lol!!

Chris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links