Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Started The Fitting........

cheers for that mate, yeah its still hard to tell from the pic.

i take it the split pin is removed then oil goes everywhere? Is the reservoir completly removed? And looks like the pipework 'T's' into the break fluid??

Chris

• 2 months later...

Well.............the charger is completely fitted now, sorry i didnt get in touch Gord about the relocation kit, but with Asi sellin the induction kit i went for that instead.... i did however have to buy the filter but managed to find one which fitted perfect. So now im waiting on my insurance docs to come thro so i can get some tax on her then i can take it out for a spin, also needs a bit of a service and my MOT is due on the 10th, cant believe its been in the garage for over 6months now and only moved round the block twice lol. Anyway i wll post some pics a bit later, but ppl will be upset with the colour and state of it undder the bonnet, it needs some tlc lol, but i aint had time to do anythin like that!!

One quick question, at what RPM does the valve open on the charger?? I just wanna know if its set up correct...cheers guys n gals!!

Chris

Ah its ok bout the silicone one, and for the fact its got the filter....i got the metal one and a filter for a cheaper price than that ones up on the market for :)

Thanks guys. Isn't there something about the pulley having 6 grooves but the belt only having 5, and you needing to sit the belt on the right grooves ? Can't remember if this is the front 5 grooves or the rear-most 5. :unsure:

Yes mate you have the belt sitting in the front 5 grooves on the supercharger pully leaving an empty at the back :)

EXACTLY!!! THE BELT NEEDS TO BE AS FAR FORWARD AS POSSIBLE

anyone got a picture how the belt should be becasue i think mines sitting far back towards the charger?

Thanks guys. Isn't there something about the pulley having 6 grooves but the belt only having 5, and you needing to sit the belt on the right grooves ? Can't remember if this is the front 5 grooves or the rear-most 5. :unsure:

Yes mate you have the belt sitting in the front 5 grooves on the supercharger pully leaving an empty at the back :)

EXACTLY!!! THE BELT NEEDS TO BE AS FAR FORWARD AS POSSIBLE

anyone got a picture how the belt should be becasue i think mines sitting far back towards the charger?

there is no need for a picture - the belt can only fit 2 ways on the SC pulley - at the front or at the back.... you need to put the belt to the front so u end up with 1 groove of the pulley showing at the rear....... it cant get any simpler than that!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo finally got her on the road yesterday and im loving it....the noise the feel and ooohhhhh its just class lol.....i have however found a slight problem, my clutch is slipping, well it feels like it is, the car accelorates and then it begins to speed up lol. but as the cars only gonna be on the road till the 12th im not to fussed bout that im just enjoyin the noise it makes!! I really cant belive ive waited this long to be able to play in it again :) i couldnt tell you if its loosin bost or anythin just yet but i will find out wat it does on the rollin road after a clutch replacement

Bye for now from one happy chap

Chris :) :) :)

Nice one Chris, it does make a lot of difference when you fit the s/c, :D Makes the IS a lot better to drive and the extra power seems to make the gearbox a lot better and smoother? (it made my gear change a hell of a lot better having the extra power going through it?)

Hope you get the clutch sorted mate and enjoy that extra power :D