Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitted My Supercharger

Right so I fitted my supercharger this weekend with my mate (or I should say my mate fitted while I held things and generally got in the way lol) So I thought i'd put up some pictures and then seek some advice. The pictures were taken at random intervals.

Airbox and manifold cover off:

85193028.jpg

Cradle and charger/induction on:

13389431.jpg

IS200 throttle for those who have never seen it :P. Was expecting to have a screw in the top right connection but it was a nut so connected it that way instead.

13230184.jpg

Then once that was on we removed the front bumper. Be warned that when taking the bumper off causes the car to wet itself - 5 litres in all!

40708567.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumper off and pipework fitted:

50627396.jpg

Random Close up. Had decided to get the laptop out at this point as the black and white faded pictures on my paper instructions were just not helping.

91031265.jpg

Next came lunch:

96602933.jpg

After Lunch was time to relocate the power steering coolers. First undid them:

24098665.jpg

Then came the angle grinding:

67080256.jpg

86415100.jpg

I must note this is not me in the pictures. I am a tad bigger all round lol.

Next it was time to fit the intercooler replace the crash bar:

27975007.jpg

42220246.jpg

After that picture it was getting quite late so refitted the bumper but had to fiddle with the IC a bit as it is sitting very low and is fouling on the bumper.

Fitting took a while i think about 10:30am till about 7pm taking our time with a lunch/beer break. Plus we had to contend with a non standard IC and its affect on the piping near the pully. Plus the air temp sensor needed extending over to the induction kit.

Now on the subject of the induction kit BLOODY HELL ITS LOUD! I really can't live with that day to day. The noise when it revs up is awesome - but of course you still have that noise when you lift off and the note changes to something that is not as nice with the bypass opens. I've got an airbox on its way but no idea when its due to turn up as it's being used for testing on the rotrex setup Prolex are developing.

Also for some reason my Intercooler is sitting very low - lower than the undertray i think. I've allready whacked it!! :(

PS: Very eager aren't we Asi :P

Nice one matey :D

And yes the induction kit does have a bit of a roar with it :lol: Must admit i do love it on mine but do have the option of the airbox if i ever want to go quiet for a bit (probably never :lol: )

So what do you think of the SC mate? or you not had time to give it a good run yet? :)

well i think i've got some boost leaks round the IC (from when i whacked it :() and i may have some belt slip as sometimes the power "pauses" if you get what i mean. But yeah its really good and i'm enjoying it - the only problem is i'm coasting quite alot atm so i don't have to hear the damn induction roar on the overrun lol.

Problem with the IC seems to be that the TTE intercooler's pipes go down at the end wheras mine are horizontal so it sits v low. I wonder if rabster or wozza could confirm if theirs are as low.

mines not as big as wozza/rabster's so wouldn't go that high anyway. But yeah i think it does need a good lift. Problem is mine doesn't have the centre fitting point like wozza's so needs to be fitted at the bottom which doesnt help as the universal fitting kit is a bit w*nk.

Fitting took a while i think about 10:30am till about 7pm taking our time with a lunch/beer break. Plus we had to contend with a non standard IC and its affect on the piping near the pully. Plus the air temp sensor needed extending over to the induction kit.

I had a bit of trouble when cornering to the right too hard the I/C pipe was fouling on one of the pulleys :o made a few grooves in the pipe so just make sure you have enough clearence!!

With regards to ur Air Temp Sensor..... why did you extend it to the Induction kit?? It wont give you a true reading of the air temp into the inlet?? if its reading your induction temp and is then being further cooled by the FMIC surely it will be cooler than its reading?? I may be mistaken and sure i will be corrected if i am but i put mine in the Scilicon hose just before the Throttle body! pic below!!

Also ment i didnt have to extend the wires as it just reaches!!

Vacuum.jpg

Tom.

mines not as big as wozza/rabster's so wouldn't go that high anyway. But yeah i think it does need a good lift. Problem is mine doesn't have the centre fitting point like wozza's so needs to be fitted at the bottom which doesnt help as the universal fitting kit is a bit w*nk.

Sorry matey i wasnt sure if it was the same one? :whistling:

Think if it was me i'd lift it up as high as it will go, and then if needed try some slightly longer hoses from the ends of the IC to the pipework to give you a bit of extra play?

With the standard tte IC thats on mine it sits on a ledge below the radiator just to give you an idea how high mine sits? :unsure:

I had a bit of trouble when cornering to the right too hard the I/C pipe was fouling on one of the pulleys :o made a few grooves in the pipe so just make sure you have enough clearence!!

With regards to ur Air Temp Sensor..... why did you extend it to the Induction kit?? It wont give you a true reading of the air temp into the inlet?? if its reading your induction temp and is then being further cooled by the FMIC surely it will be cooler than its reading?? I may be mistaken and sure i will be corrected if i am but i put mine in the Scilicon hose just before the Throttle body! pic below!!

Also ment i didnt have to extend the wires as it just reaches!!

Vacuum.jpg

Tom.

Yes Tom your right mate, i did the same as Edeath's done and Rob mentioned it on my topic, so i've got to move mine over to the other side like yours? :whistling:

ah but peeps on the stock TTE kit it is in the airbox: pre charger and intercooler. You have to remember that the charger heats the air up and then the IC cools the air down. I've just put the sensor in a comparable place to the stock TTE setup. I was going to plumb it into the system post IC but i decided to go the same way as the airbox.

Plus stav had left a nice hole for it in the kit and it needed filling somehow :P

yeah all fitted ok - couple of bits missing but no biggy and its all on and working fine. My problem with the induction kit is the roar once the bypass is open - if it was on a clutch then it would be fine but its the fact you get the noise when your decelarating is a bit too much for me.

Yeldarb - induction roar is great but this is a bit much tbh It's not a roar so much as supercharger scream mixed with a roar: It sounds more like a motorbike than a car. My cousin said it sounded like a demented ghost lol

Ed

thanks for the congrats guys. Hoping to get the IC lifted at the weekend.

Quick Q is it possible to have boost leaks only some of the time? Just that sometimes i hear it on the overrun and sometimes i don't

thanks for the congrats guys. Hoping to get the IC lifted at the weekend.

Quick Q is it possible to have boost leaks only some of the time? Just that sometimes i hear it on the overrun and sometimes i don't

congrats on the kit though not a bad time scale either including beer stops lol

get a video up of the kit when you rev etc make some people jealous lol

if you want mate drop me a pm and if you fancy popping round we can have a tinker with the intercooler

Rabs

Ok I'll post up a video at some point once i have found someone to hold my phone/ camara while i drive.

In the meantime thought i'd post this up showing quite how low my IC is plus my new badge :)

13936607.jpg

Stav - what i mean by overrun is when you lift off but the car is still rolling with the clutch engaged. I.E: wheels running engine rather than engine running wheels.

Rabs - You have PM

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links