Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Please?

CIJ

Ive been a right idiot n managed to lock my only set of keys in the car......however it aint the ~Lexus, its my VW Passat, i do however have the bonnet open and the door is on the first latch.....anyone know of anyway of gettin in?? Ive tried with the coat hanger to push the door open button on the arm rest but cant get enough force behind it as the coat hanger just bends :unsure: please help :(

welding rod is normally thin and strong to push the button or a bit of bamboo cane if there is enough room

what about using the coat hanger to hook the handle on the door that half open will be fidley but possible we did it on my mate astra a few years back

Rabs

Welding rod would be spot on but i dont have any, and bamboo its a bit tight to get it in, as for hooking the handle, i know what you mean, but the passat doesnt pop the doors off that.....grr im losin it lol....so ive started messin with the black box on my ecu for the charger lol!!

i got into my bro's golf but only by smashing the already smahe rear light, and getting a bamboo stick in there to the front, obviously would have to replace that but he was going to replace anywhere,

Im giving up on it, my mothers bringing the spare key for it from Aberdeen 2moro night, looks like im just gonna have to be carless for the next day n a bit :( boooo

cheers tho

cant you hook the keys and bring them up through the gap in the door?if i was closer i'd have come and got them out. i also have a brake out kit too! :winky:

I know ive had to tidy the house for her coming down lol!!

As for being closer, you are closer than her as shes coming down from Aberdeen lol!! No couldnt hook n bring out the top, i could hardly fit the bloody coat hanger throught the gap!!

Cheers anyway

Surely it would have been easier and cheaper to stick the spare key in a jiffy bag and send it Special Delivery? Guaranteed before 9.30am, and would have cost about £5. Much cheaper than travelling from Aberbeen to Sunderland, whatever means of transport she's using?

Ive been a right idiot n managed to lock my only set of keys in the car......however it aint the ~Lexus, its my VW Passat, i do however have the bonnet open and the door is on the first latch.....anyone know of anyway of gettin in?? Ive tried with the coat hanger to push the door open button on the arm rest but cant get enough force behind it as the coat hanger just bends :unsure: please help :(

I once seen a AA guy open my friends VW GTi by using a tennis ball cut in half.

Basically he said that the central locking pump needs a little persuasion and if done correctly it will pop open quite easily. He had the tennis ball already cut in half, placed it over the key hole and pumped the ball. after a few tries voila it opened.

I bet it looks easier than it really is though.

Best option is RAC or similar. So cheap to join and enormous benefits that I'm amazed when anyone doesn't have cover.

She was gonna send it via post but as my dad has a few days off work theyve come down for a long weekend, all sorted now tho thankfully!! I'll keep the tennis ball in mind if i ever do it again lol, which im hoping i wont!! Sill cars not ment to lock itself after opening the drivers door!!

She was gonna send it via post but as my dad has a few days off work theyve come down for a long weekend, all sorted now tho thankfully!! I'll keep the tennis ball in mind if i ever do it again lol, which im hoping i wont!! Sill cars not ment to lock itself after opening the drivers door!!

You won't be the only person to have done it....I'm sure lots on here have locked keys in a car at some point.....me included :blush:

Guest inicol63

You can pull the top of the door away from the roof edge and pull it away enough to get a magnet aerial down to the floor these can be bought from Halford.

Sound bad but the door will bend back quiet easy, i done this loads of times at work and the door will go back into place.

You used to be able to buy little boxes with a powerful magnet on the back. The idea is that you stick a spare key in the box, and the attach it via the magnet to some hidden spot up under the bumper or chassis somewhere. You can probably still get them I should think, Halfords would be a good place to look...