Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Alloys To Buy

Not wishing to seem to be a numpty, but why 18"s???? Have got the 17"s that came with the car and recently put new rubber on too. ????

Col...

go for 18's...

i think it's just Rory's preference really. 18s look better on the car and you get more grip while not losing any/much ride quality. However as you have paid for new rubber i can see why you dont want to change wheel size. I personally would wait untill tyre change time and then upgrade to 18s.

Think you should have a look at Rota wheels, they are sweet and proper Jap look wheels.

alloys are defo a individual taste. check out http://www.potn.co.uk/ they have a good variaty.

Also mate, try see the wheel you like on a car before you buy it, as in a shop and on the net they look very different.

IS200's are quite angular cars with loads of tough edges, as a general rule the alloys you pic should echo that. IMO :whistling:

James

Thanks guys, good suggestions. Better to wait till rubber neads renewed and look at wheels on a motor. Though where I'd do that is a mystery just now... lol..

Col :winky:

Think you should have a look at Rota wheels, they are sweet and proper Jap look wheels.

Alloys are defo a individual taste. check out http://www.potn.co.uk/ they have a good variaty.

Also mate, try see the wheel you like on a car before you buy it, as in a shop and on the net they look very different.

IS200's are quite angular cars with loads of tough edges, as a general rule the alloys you pic should echo that. IMO :whistling:

James

Not wishing to seem to be a numpty, but why 18"s???? Have got the 17"s that came with the car and recently put new rubber on too. ????

Col...

go for 18's...

yeh sorry it is a personal preference to go for 18's, but I know very little about decent brands so i didn't suggest any specifically

I've heard some bad things about Rota Wheels cos i was compelled to buy them for they're price tag (very cheap) and their designs (very nice) but searching on the Internet for Rota wheels i stumbled across some other car forums which revealed that Rotas are quite Cheaply made too and as a result they can't handle much stress especially if you want to do some sportier driving maneuvers on the road or track the alloys will crack and break at the spoke seperating the hub from the outer rim and you'll be left with an expensive repair bill that is unless you haven't crashed and died. I value my life more than my car or my wallet so i'd opt for a more trusted brand.

Oh by the way don't forget, if you do opt for bigger 18"ers then your car WILL look soo much cooler but 18" tyres are more expenseive than 17"... just something to bear in mind...