Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interchangeable Parts?

Andy-R

Noticed when I bought my brake pads they where for a few different models i.e IS, SC etc. etc. so was wondering if this applied to any other bits? mainly springs would the springs off an SC fit an IS and is there any difference in height between the models? can't really say i've seen an SC riding as high as the IS does so I guess the springs are lower :unsure: just curious more than anything else :D

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think there's much chance of most things fitting. Altezza to IS is generally ok. GS Mark I uses the same brakes as the IS/Altezza. But I'd be pretty suprised if things like seats etc fitted.

Of course with brakes you could always take the caliper and then make up some new brackets to mount it.

I don't think there's much chance of most things fitting. Altezza to IS is generally ok. GS Mark I uses the same brakes as the IS/Altezza. But I'd be pretty suprised if things like seats etc fitted.

Of course with brakes you could always take the caliper and then make up some new brackets to mount it.

Its not a stupid question. For example, ALL the Skyline brakes and 200sx brakes are interchangeable, as are the seats if you fix one bracket.

Its not a stupid question. For example, ALL the Skyline brakes and 200sx brakes are interchangeable, as are the seats if you fix one bracket.

I didn't say it was a stupid question though ? I'm sure it does work with some manufacturers. I already said that some of the brakes are interchangeable on Toyota/Lexus, i.e. IS200/300/Altezza/GSMk1.

All I said was I don't think the seats would be, directly. No idea how easy it would be to fiddle around and make something else fit.

• 2 weeks later...