Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driving Along At 70 In 5th Gear Engine Light Start Flashing

Asi

hi there,

just 30 mins ago. driving alon the motorway and the engine light start flashing so parked up and started it again and the exhaust is smoking very bad for some reason so parked up and got picked up. the engine codes are as follows p0300, p0302, p0303, p0306. it happened as soon the petrol reserve light came on

EDIT: forgot to add when i rev the car it makes the vibarte.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the spark plugs are needing changed and they were getting changed on wednesday. i have some sitting in the garge ik22 so would start off with that. any reason why does the exhaust smoke alot?

running on 3 out of the 6 cylinders wont help mate, when mine did it a while back i had 2 coil packs go, so its probably unburnt fuel making it smoke at a guess? :unsure:

the cars parked up 15 where it happened mate. well going to get it towed to the garage i use and get spark plugs changed.

running on 3 out of the 6 cylinders wont help mate, when mine did it a while back i had 2 coil packs go, so its probably unburnt fuel making it smoke at a guess? :unsure:

the cars parked up 15 where it happened mate. well going to get it towed to the garage i use and get spark plugs changed.

From past experience i'd say its the coil packs mate, but no harm in changing the plugs as they will suit the engine now you have the charger fitted?

They coil packs usually fail in pairs so you might have another on its way out? :crybaby:

thanks chris. i will get that done tommarow. i was wondering how much are coil packs?

any idea why the car vibarte when you rev the engine a little bit?

thanks

thanks chris. i will get that done tommarow. i was wondering how much are coil packs?

any idea why the car vibarte when you rev the engine a little bit?

thanks

It'll vibrate as its only firing on 3 cylinders out of the 6 mate,

The coil packs are quite expensive at around £100+ each from a dealer? but i think japarts do them for around £80-90 each? And there was a set on eBay earlier but being bank hol weekend you probably wont get them till Tuesday next week at the earliest now :unsure:

Or another option might be to see if Stav still needs his from his old engine??

there are some on ebay but do i need to 6 or 3. is used fine or should i get brand new?

thanks

Think if you can afford new mate i'd go for them? as second hand ones might go again in the near future? You can just change the 3 if you need to? :)

there are some on ebay but do i need to 6 or 3. is used fine or should i get brand new?

thanks

Think if you can afford new mate i'd go for them? as second hand ones might go again in the near future? You can just change the 3 if you need to? :)

right thanks chris. i would change 3 im not fussed when they come as long as its not something else well near future will tell.

somebody said to me they think ive blown the engine. thank god its just this

update: as all you know the cyclinder 2,3 and 6 are missfiring. this morning changed the spark plugs to see if that helps. when i took out spark plug from number the 2 the top metal bit is broken and no where to be seen so could be in the bore. dont know yet. well once changed all of them. started the engine but no luck still missfiring but it was only cyclinder 2. rest were fine. then started the engine again and scan the code and came up to be 2,3,6 again so its the coil packs. since the top metal it of the spark plug is broken and no where to be seen so i swaped coil pack from 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 and still number 2 is missfiring.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links