Lexus Is250 Front Camber Adjusters, 1st In The Uk

Tango

These are a sliding ball joint adjuster that allows a +- 1d 30'

post21241118827.jpg

Simply remove the upper wishbone and press-out the existing joint

post21241118883.jpg

Bolt in the new adjuster

post21241118991.jpg

Reinstall the wishbone and then adjust to your hearts content, or better still have Dr Bones at WIM do the adjustment :lol: .

Adjusters courtesy of Eiback in the USA, with fitting and photo blog by http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/contact-wim.php

post21241119060.jpg

• 6 months later...

Tango

Hows things with the new Adjusters? Has it solved the inner edge tyre wear problem?

I'm just about to replace all 4 tyres, but the fronts still have 6mm in the centre, but 0mm in the insides :tsktsk:

I've always had this issue, and it's bl***y annoying :angry:

Tango

Hows things with the new Adjusters? Has it solved the inner edge tyre wear problem?

I'm just about to replace all 4 tyres, but the fronts still have 6mm in the centre, but 0mm in the insides :tsktsk:

I've always had this issue, and it's bl***y annoying :angry:

It sorted my inner tyre wear problem, but it was down to the excessive camber due to the Eibach American spec lowering springs. You shouldn't have a problem on a standard second generation IS. Tony at WIM used my car as a test bed before I lowered it and we found the geometry could be set correctly within the standard Lexus tolerances. Just as well as there's only toe adjustment available. Suggest you pay a visit to WIM.

Thanks

As you say, looks like a visit to WIM is required.

Does WIM fit new tyres as well? Would be nice to get it all done at the same time

Yes, 'Blackboots' shares the same facility in Chesham, so Tony and Jason can sort the lot in one go. http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/

Thanks

Does WIM fit new tyres as well? Would be nice to get it all done at the same time

Yes, 'Blackboots' shares the same facility in Chesham, so Tony and Jason can sort the lot in one go. http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/

Well, all I can say is what a great service :D

Called them @ 8:40, and was sorted by the end of the day, the whole lot, including full geometry done in just over an hour.

Had a nice drive back to Sussex, even the M25 was clear, which is a rarity these days :tsktsk:

Thanks for the advice

Thanks

Well, all I can say is what a great service :D

Called them @ 8:40, and was sorted by the end of the day, the whole lot, including full geometry done in just over an hour.

Had a nice drive back to Sussex, even the M25 was clear, which is a rarity these days :tsktsk:

Thanks for the advice

Was the geometry outside of the OEM settings? If not what reason did Tony give for the tyre wear?

Yes geometry was out. I was looking through the window when he was doing it, and there were a few in the red, and I can see that on the report he gave me.

It says, amongst others,

Front Axle Toe :

Left -0.21

Right -0.24

Total -0.44

Rear Axle Toe :

Left 0.00

He also mentioned that the Camber was right near the limit, and mentioned the Front Camber adjustments as a way to correct it.

Hopefully now with the geometry set correct the 4 new tyres will wear evenly : Fingers Crossed!!

If not i may consider getting the Front Camber adjusters fitted, as it may work our cheaper in the long run, as I'm doing about 30,000 miles a year at the moment.

Can you point me in right direction for pricing of the adjusters?

Thanks

Yes geometry was out. I was looking through the window when he was doing it, and there were a few in the red, and I can see that on the report he gave me.

It says, amongst others,

Front Axle Toe :

Left -0.21

Right -0.24

Total -0.44

Rear Axle Toe :

Left 0.00

He also mentioned that the Camber was right near the limit, and mentioned the Front Camber adjustments as a way to correct it.

Hopefully now with the geometry set correct the 4 new tyres will wear evenly : Fingers Crossed!!

If not i may consider getting the Front Camber adjusters fitted, as it may work our cheaper in the long run, as I'm doing about 30,000 miles a year at the moment.

Can you point me in right direction for pricing of the adjusters?

Thanks

I hope you don't need them, because if you do it means Lexus have cocked up their settings again. If you do decide to fit them, WIM can get them from Eibach UK, although Eibach developed them for their American market. Not sure on the current prices as it will change depending on the exchange rate. Try the Eibach U.S site.

• 4 months later...

These are a sliding ball joint adjuster that allows a +- 1d 30'

post21241118827.jpg

Simply remove the upper wishbone and press-out the existing joint

post21241118883.jpg

Bolt in the new adjuster

post21241118991.jpg

Reinstall the wishbone and then adjust to your hearts content, or better still have Dr Bones at WIM do the adjustment :lol: .

Adjusters courtesy of Eiback in the USA, with fitting and photo blog by http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/contact-wim.php

post21241119060.jpg

Hi, I'm from the US and haven't been able to find this camber kit anywhere. In fact I was just on the phone with SPC and they said that they don't even have a kit for the second gen IS. Can you please share with us what part number it is? Is this just a first gen IS300 ball joint?

The camber adjusters fit the IS350, IS250 (except the AWD) and the first generation IS200/300. I'm assuming that Eibach selected the SPC camber adjusters to sort the adjustment that's necessary when fitting their lowering springs to the second generation IS.

So i just picked up the ball joints. want to confirm i have the correct part number before i press out the existing ball joints: 67525

67525 is the part number of the adjusters fitted to my IS250 http://www.iapdirect.com/product.php?productid=42017&cat=0&page=1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links