Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lpg Lexus Is200

Hi just a quick intro, am new to this forum

basicly my is200 is quite thirsty and i am wondering whether an lpg conversion would be worth it.

has anyone on this forum fitted an lpg kit to an is200

thanks mike

it all depends on how long you planning to keep it for, if so a year or two then in my opinion theres no point, as it would cost about 2k to get it done.

if you planning to keep it for a good few years then it would be worth it in the long run

it all depends on how long you planning to keep it for, if so a year or two then in my opinion theres no point, as it would cost about 2k to get it done.

if you planning to keep it for a good few years then it would be worth it in the long run

As long as the Lpg prices stay where they are :outforcount:

Hi just a quick intro, am new to this forum

basicly my is200 is quite thirsty and i am wondering whether an lpg conversion would be worth it.

has anyone on this forum fitted an lpg kit to an is200

thanks mike

Hi Mike, I had a LPG BRG sequential system fitted to my 2002 GS300,which is basically the same engine for £2000 + VAT and to be frank it almost killed what was a perfect car. Having covered 200,000 miles in a LPG Omega V6 I asked my supplier what would make a good replacment vehicle, he advised a Lexus so the deal was done. The gearbox upshift never felt as sweet once converted then the engine managment problems started making it cut out when warm ( lane 4 M25 ) without warning and would not idle from cold. Completly unreliable with Lexus blaming the gas people and vice versa. Eventually it burnt the exhaust valves out so Lexus rebuilt the cylinder head with hardened valve seats at huge costs, still didn't feel right so I had a Flashlube system fitted but did not keep the car. The problem was explained to me as the gas burns hotter and longer than petrol and so is still burning when it passes the back of the exhaust valves and so damages the valve seats and confuses the lamba sensors. In my mind it is a huge no no on a modern petrol engine and anyway LPG price has never come down pro rata with petrol. My IS 300 always averages 28 - 31 MPG which I think is plenty good enough. Please think long and hard before converting yours., the fuel saving will NEVER pay the repair bills, keep it standard as Mr Lexus designed it to be. and he is a clever chap !

Regards Tony

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links