Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone!

I'm in a fortunate position in that my father in law has just given me his '93 LS400... for nowt! I've spent the first day in awe at the level of comfort and the ridiculous amount of power there is on tap.

However, it does have it's 'little issues'. The first is that all of a sudden this afternoon the divers door decided not to open, either with the central locking, or with the key in the door, all the other doors operate ok. Once I've got in and pressed the 'door lock' button on the arm rest, it works fine, but still doesn't work from outside. It appears that the other 'lock' button by the latch maybe sticking... what's the best way to loosen, lubricate the locking mechanism?

Ta...

Damian

Hi everyone!

I'm in a fortunate position in that my father in law has just given me his '93 LS400... for nowt! I've spent the first day in awe at the level of comfort and the ridiculous amount of power there is on tap.

However, it does have it's 'little issues'. The first is that all of a sudden this afternoon the divers door decided not to open, either with the central locking, or with the key in the door, all the other doors operate ok. Once I've got in and pressed the 'door lock' button on the arm rest, it works fine, but still doesn't work from outside. It appears that the other 'lock' button by the latch maybe sticking... what's the best way to loosen, lubricate the locking mechanism?

Ta...

Damian

Lucky you! I have only had mine for 3 weeks or so, they are such amazing cars.

I'm not sure if your problem is going to be mechanical or electrical, could be the switch that gets operated by the door key is faulty / /sticking

You could try squirting a bit of WD40 into the keyhole and lock mechanism- with the door open the wd40 tube may get in quite far