Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 V Is300

If you test drive the 300, you will definately feel the difference, more power with about the same mpg, Xenon headlights, privacy glass (same as sport), Limited slip diff, in my opinion and of owning a 200 as well the 300 it is well worth it if you have the pennies, I have just done a part ex on my 1999 GS300 Sport with an 02 IS300, looked around for something comparable but kept comming back to the IS

When I bought my IS, I initially looked at a 200, on the basis that I started out looking for a car of about 2l rather than something even bigger. Then I test drove a 300 and the difference in power and performance is startling. I was hooked, so went back to square 1 and bought the 300 SportCross I'd initially seen, but not driven at that point. Roughly 23,000 miles and 1 year 361 days later, I am still well happy.

I've owned both a 200 and a 300 - and imo it's easily worth the extra £1500.

The difference in power is very noticeable - in my 200 there were times when I needed more power - now I just want more power - that's a huge difference.

When you work out the cost of fitting HID's, tints, LSD and an SC to a 200 (which is what you'd have to do to get around 300 power) - then it's a no-brainer

Yes - the UK 300 is only available in auto but the e-shift buttons on the wheel can be fun when you get the hang of it.

I was thinking of getting a 300 when my 200 finally dies.

It has however become increasingly apparent that my 200 will be here when it's just cockroaches and Mandelson that inhabit the planet :nuke:

I was thinking of getting a 300 when my 200 finally dies.

It has however become increasingly apparent that my 200 will be here when it's just cockroaches and Mandelson that inhabit the planet :nuke:

I know exactly how you feel, 175k on my '01 IS200 and the mechanic who serviced her last week said she'll be good for the same again with regular servicing.

I really fancy an IS300 but what to do with my 200? Far too good a car to sell for buttons.

Excluding the new IS models, if I was in the market to buy an IS200 now, id go for the IS300. I think they are a better car in general. I belive they have better sound proofing, better engine, and less common to.

95% of the "general public" dont even know that the is300 was even launched.

At work pple are always sayin to me i like ur is200 or is that your is200 in the car park?, & then i tell them its a is300 they get confused(there prob thinkin to themselves..this guys on crack - lol)...keeps the convo going for a while before reaching pure silence.....one thing i like abt the 300 is that you could call it a "sleeper" as most pple think its a is200 untill u floor it and leave them smelling your burning rubber...especially when cruising at motorway speeds the pick up is crazy.

I had my heart set on a 300 before i had even sat in a Lex....

I test drove a 300 and it was brilliant....however I couldnt run to 13k for the model i found. I found a 200 same age 3k cheaper.

I had no idea what a 200 was like until I got in one....but was very impressed but not 3k impressed to get the 300

As for 1.5k impressed.....i would say YES ..do it :winky:

I'm always very tempted when looking through Autotrader etc, just couldn't justify the money right now, but if i could i would. A nice IS300 LE! :)

Is nobody taking into account the difference between the driving experience of an automatic when compared to a manual? The IS was designed to be a car for the driving enthusiast. If you have an automatic IS you're only doing half the job. It's like having an automatic Ferrari. What's the point? Yes the IS300 is quite a bit faster than the 200, but if you can only get an auto version then I'd say you have to think of what you're sacrificing. If speed is all you crave then you're a speed freak, not a driving enthusiast.

Is nobody taking into account the difference between the driving experience of an automatic when compared to a manual? The IS was designed to be a car for the driving enthusiast. If you have an automatic IS you're only doing half the job. It's like having an automatic Ferrari. What's the point? Yes the IS300 is quite a bit faster than the 200, but if you can only get an auto version then I'd say you have to think of what you're sacrificing. If speed is all you crave then you're a speed freak, not a driving enthusiast.

horses for courses innit. It's not at all like having an automatic Ferrari - let's not delude ourselves that the IS is some kind of sports car - in stock form it's a small executive saloon. My IS is my daily driver and as such 90% of its life is spent in stop start traffic in and out of london - an auto for this function is perfect especially in the morning when I'm half asleep. At the same time when the roads are clear I can enjoy some bahn-storming and have enough power to get me out of trouble quickly (something I couldn't say of the 200 in stock form).

If your a driving enthusiast looking for some serious B-road twisty fun then I'd suggest A LOT of cars over the IS.

just my 2p's worth.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links