Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why ? This Dont Make No Sence!

Right, I’ve got an Is200 on a V-reg & my elder brother has an Is200 on a Y-reg both are AUTO!

Mine is 73,000 & my elder is on 78,000 (something along them lines) but defo not 80,000. We got the same spec but when we tested it out on a drag race to see who’s a better driver & what’s the fastest time my car always gave out on top!

Even we he drove mine & I had driven he’s I came last all the time in he’s car. Now we check it out the power which came out of my Lexus was much better & faster too

The power on he’s car seems very poor + it takes a very long time for the rev’s/miles to clime up :tsktsk:

Anyone know why this is??

Probably worth resetting the ECU and taking it from there, could be anything, worn out o2 sensors, spark plugs and all sorts can cause issues.

Are you talking a big difference or just a little bit?

Try the ECU reset anyway and see what happens - just open the fusebox near the Battery in the engine bay and remove the ETCS and EFI fuses for a minute or two and that will do the trick :)

Could it be weight? The newer IS (if it is the updated one) has a few extra bits on it so maybe that makes it slower? But shouldn't be to the degree you're talking about though........ :unsure:

Maybe one of the air filters is blocked a bit? Could try running both without for a drag - wouldn't leave it off for ever though incase a stone gets in!!

How about petrol, you both fill up at same places?? As people say, reset the ECU and go from there. Think you have to leave it out for a bit though to reset it?

Maybe even past driving styles has an effect on general engine tightness/wear. Did they add VSC durnig those years too, so maybe engine management etc is slightly different.

could just be the differences between the engines not all are made equal only way to prove it though would be a rolling road