Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does The Is250 Alloys Give A Straight Fit On The Sportcross

coxrad888

Help, the front and rear side passenger alloys are leaking slowly. All four alloys are now corroded. Therefore, I have no choice but to buy a new set. My alloys are 16" and I thought it would be a good opportunity to upgrade to a 17".

I have seen a set of genuine 17" alloys on eBay I was wondering if it will fit my sportcross with out any modification on it. Also can someone advise me what tyre size to use.

Thanks for any advice. :P

By the way, I am happy to buy a set of 16" and put my old tyres on it. Anyone have any recommendations.

ok, so they're 8Jx17, ET45. I'm not too good on wheel sizes but I'm sure someone else will be able to confirm for you if they're ok and which tyre size to use.

I read somewhere that earlier IS250s had all four wheels the same size but later ones had wider rears. The eBay listing implies they're all the same width, but might be worth double-checking with the buyer (e.g. in case he hasn't realised himself).

I have staggered 18" rims from the IS250 Sport on my IS200

New18sWIM023.jpg

LexusIS250Sport18s030.jpg

Tyre size (front) 225/40R18 + (rear) 255/40R18

Front: 18" x 8" 45mm offset , Rear: 18" x 8.5" 50mm offset

PCD 114.3mm

Just remember the front rim should be no wider than 8" with the correct offset and you should be fine :)

Thanks for the replies, I am going to email the seller to ask if all 4 wheels r the same size, will let u know the result.

Does 8J mean that the wheel is 8" wide. If those wheels r exctly 8" wide, does it mean that the wheel will fit. :unsure:

Thanks for the replies, I am going to email the seller to ask if all 4 wheels r the same size, will let u know the result.

Does 8J mean that the wheel is 8" wide. If those wheels r exctly 8" wide, does it mean that the wheel will fit. :unsure:

Yes 8j mean 8inch wide, yes the wheel will fit, 225/45/17 tyre would fit.

thanks, still waiting for seller to reply. This is my first experience of buying alloys, so not so sure whats what.

Do those wheels give a straight fit, because I read some where that u might have to grind down the pug or something similar to that. :unsure:

i have them fitted to my is.215-45 front.225-45 rear.on the front suspention leg.there is a small raised piece ov metal which needed grinding back flush to stop the rim catching.there is a pic somewhere.

Thanks. Is it a difficult job to do, or do I have to take it to a garage. Did u do it yourself and how long did it take u. My car is the sportcross, do u think the arch r the same dimension as the IS saloon.

will take 5mins do do with a grinder and id a simple task.on the top suspension arn you will see a raised bit of metal the size of your little fingernail.just grind or file it back flush with the arm.i think the sportcross shares the same dimensions as the saloon but would double check.

Thanks for the advice. :) I am still waiting for a reply from the seller. Hopefully, seller should be able to tell me if all 4 wheels are the same width 8". Does anyone have any good condition 16" that they r selling.

theirs a set of 17" sport wheels(the 5 spoke with the polished face) on the bay with tyres item number 320367494628 they will fit straight on

I just had a checked on eBay with the item number u mentioned. U r right it will fit straight on and it is similar to what I have at the moment. I am just a bit worried because it mentioned the wheels r starting to show some corrosion. Pity though because they would be idea. By the way does the ofset have to be exactly 50. Can it be lower, say 42, 40 for the wheels to fit the sportcross. :unsure:

Thanks, I have read the link u gave, but just want to clarify something. I have copied the info to below:

OFFSETS

FRONT

width | offset | tires range (width)

7 = 40 and up 215-225

7.5 = 42 and up 215-235

8 = 43 and up 215-235

8.5 = 45 and up 215-225

REAR

7 = 40 and up 215-225

7.5 = 40 and up 215-235

8 = 42 and up 215-245

8.5 = 45 and up 225-265 (255-265 requires rolling or having lip)

9 = 49 and up 235-275 (MAY require rolling or shaving lip)

9.5 = 52 and up 245-285 (MAY require rolling or shaving lip, 285 may require more modification)

10 = 45 and up 255-315(requires pulling fender)

Do these info refer to a 17" wheel or any size wheel, e.g.16", 17" or 18" etc.

:unsure::unsure: :unsure:

Thanks that. I have just received a reply from the seller of eBay. This is what he said

"hello there

the 17 inch is250 have the same size all round and hence these wheels are the same size front to rear but do indeed have different size tyres on front to rear"

I take it that If I do buy these wheel, I have to have wider tyres to the rear. Can I have 4 tyres of the same size. Is that right?. or have I misunderstood something.

Thanks!