Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash Lights Help

Alright folks,

I finally got round to changing the bulbs behind the speedo as they had been broken for months. I decided to replace them with leds. I tackled the ign ring first and that was easy enough but when i put the bulbs in the speedo none of them were lighting up. I thought there was a small chance that i had put them all in the wrong way round so changed them over and still nothing. I then also noticed that none of the lights around the temp controls etc were coming on. Went to check the fuse and i guess its the "panel" one but all is fine, checked the rest in the drivers foot welll and they are all fine.

Is there a fuse some where that i dont know about or have i done something royally wrong lol.

The "Panel" fuses covers all the illumination, e.g. the ashtray light, trc switch light, rear fog illumination, as well as the a/c controls, dash dials etc. Are all these not working now ?

Are the tail lights and stop lights at the rear still working ? There's a relay in common with those that could be at fault ?

Cheers

Got it fixed, well sort of, one of the leds had been crossed over inside the holder and blowen the fuse. Dont know how or when it went as it was fine earlier but oh well, got it fixed so just got to buy a new LED for over the fuel guage and all is fine again.

Cheers

Oh by the way, does anyone know the names/code of the bulbs in the lights both in front and behind the sun roof? Got the led bug now lol.

The central dome light is 269/Festoon 31mm. The map light is BA9. I've swapped both of mine for multi-LEDs (36 in the dome, 6 in the map light).

I know you've done them now, but if anyone else is looking to change their dash & Ignition Ring to LED's, here's what you need (these were Blue):

363566102.jpg

Keith

Oh by the way, does anyone know the names/code of the bulbs in the lights both in front and behind the sun roof? Got the led bug now lol.

The central dome light is 269/Festoon 31mm. The map light is BA9. I've swapped both of mine for multi-LEDs (36 in the dome, 6 in the map light).

Where did you get those from mate, had a look but can only find up to a 4led for the 269 and no luck finding a ba9 LED at all lol.