Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Im Confused ! Whats Special About Special Edition?

i've always been confused with the extras, sat nav parking sensors and body kits i just assumed you paid for extra, but some of the standard extras that changed over time confuses me...

were the 11 spoke rims initially only for the LE? was the electric passenger seat an option too?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dazz32, yours is not an LE! They only came in Kodiak Sky colour. As you said you have a Sport, you can't have a Sport LE. You have full leather as it was made standard on the run out models which yours is. The kits were all options as far as i know, TTE or TRD with optional 18" rims.

Looks nice though :)

I know mines not an LE matey.. :winky: .its a SPORT with the TRD sports styling kit.... :D Yep the TRD ,TTE sports styling kits where all options i believe.... about 2500k worth.......and as you say the full leather was standard coming towards the end of the production run.... :)

Now all i need is a leather arm rest........ :D

OFF TOPIC.....!!!!!

If people see one OR anyone sells one on LOC let me know plz....thanx peeps :D

NO..!! :lol: .......BUT i want one..... :hehe: :P

Ahhh, didn't think even the last ones came with armrests (if manual) - try some breakers, it might be possible to get one cheap. Or try the US too, I got my pedals from there and didn't cost too much (although the FX rate was better at the time)

dazz32, yours is not an LE! They only came in Kodiak Sky colour. As you said you have a Sport, you can't have a Sport LE. You have full leather as it was made standard on the run out models which yours is. The kits were all options as far as i know, TTE or TRD with optional 18" rims.

Looks nice though :)

I think he was referring to the car in the original link rather than his own (which he knows is a sport :P )

Yep bodykits were options, TRD one was actually a no cost option towards the end :)

Thanx Parthiban... :D

i've always been confused with the extras, sat nav parking sensors and body kits i just assumed you paid for extra, but some of the standard extras that changed over time confuses me...

were the 11 spoke rims initially only for the LE? was the electric passenger seat an option too?

11 spokes were LE

electric passenger seats came standard after 2002

the late models tended to come with loads of extras thrown in, with a new model about to be released they had to entice people to buy up the old ones

Ok it kinda went like this.........

Up to 2001 - what everyone seems to know

2001-2003 - pretty much the same, but model updated with single colour dash, both front seats electric, curtain airbags and all the rest

In 2003 - standard models still exactly the same, but LE was launched which had 11 spoke alloys (in silver), full leather, kodiak sky paint, HID lamps, special grille, and box on top of the dash

In 2004 - LE obviously on it's way out, raised spec of SE and Sport to almost match LE, swapped 5 spokes with 11 spoke alloys (silver or grey), full leather and box on top of dash. Also made the C/C rings and switch plates a bright silver rather than the older grey.

In 2005 - same as 04 really, but TRD kit became a free option, SE got satnav and rear spoiler as standard, and 18" aero alloys became a very cheap option

i imagine the electric passenger seat was available as extra then for earlier models as mine's a 2000...?

Interesting, it was never an option, do you have a top slot or bottom slot CD player? Some of the updates filtered in at different times, so yours might have been one of the intermediate cars

Up to 2001 - what everyone seems to know

2001-2003 - pretty much the same, but model updated with single colour dash, both front seats electric, curtain airbags and all the rest

In 2003 - standard models still exactly the same, but LE was launched which had 11 spoke alloys (in silver), full leather, kodiak sky paint, HID lamps, special grille, and box on top of the dash

In 2004 - LE obviously on it's way out, raised spec of SE and Sport to almost match LE, swapped 5 spokes with 11 spoke alloys (silver or grey), full leather and box on top of dash. Also made the C/C rings and switch plates a bright silver rather than the older grey.

In 2005 - same as 04 really, but TRD kit became a free option, SE got satnav and rear spoiler as standard, and 18" aero alloys became a very cheap option

This explains the spec of my car then, also has a "Sport" front grill, I assume part of the TRD styling kit.

i imagine the electric passenger seat was available as extra then for earlier models as mine's a 2000...?

Interesting, it was never an option, do you have a top slot or bottom slot CD player? Some of the updates filtered in at different times, so yours might have been one of the intermediate cars

mine was registered september 2000 X, if that helps, I have the top loading cd but I am sure these came in around 2000 anyway as i've seen a few, still got the horrible 2-tone dash which hasn't managed to remain scratch free :(

My car is a 2004/54 IS200 Sport, and it's got full leather, sunroof as well as air con.

I thought this was standard spec for a 2004 car, didn't they all have full leather?

The Sport is quite rare on the 04/05 models from what I've heard, I guess because the SE's and LE's were so loaded up with kit and were better value.

This explains the spec of my car then, also has a "Sport" front grill, I assume part of the TRD styling kit.

I'm not sure the sport grille was part of the no cost option, but I'm sure they probably threw it in if you bought a car..........

mine was registered september 2000 X, if that helps, I have the top loading cd but I am sure these came in around 2000 anyway as i've seen a few, still got the horrible 2-tone dash which hasn't managed to remain scratch free :(

If you have the top slot CD with the 2 tone dash, you've definitely got one of the middle cars, seems maybe the passenger electric seat may have been added out of sync too - would be interesting to see if anyone else has an early car with both electric seats.

My car is a 2004/54 IS200 Sport, and it's got full leather, sunroof as well as air con.

I thought this was standard spec for a 2004 car, didn't they all have full leather?

The Sport is quite rare on the 04/05 models from what I've heard, I guess because the SE's and LE's were so loaded up with kit and were better value.

Yep that is standard spec for a 2004 car, and you're right in 2005 the IS200SE was stonking good value - £21k would get you a car with everything, including satnav and a bodykit.............an equivalent 318i MSport would probably have cost over £30k :o

My car, IS200 SE Auto, registered 31st Jan 2001 X has 2 tone dash and electric passenger seat.

Is it from your own research Parthiban that you know all this info on the specs and date changes etc?

When did the LE exactly run from and to? Seems the IS300 LE is a hard find?!

My car, IS200 SE Auto, registered 31st Jan 2001 X has 2 tone dash and electric passenger seat.

Is it from your own research Parthiban that you know all this info on the specs and date changes etc?

When did the LE exactly run from and to? Seems the IS300 LE is a hard find?!

Do you have a top slot cd player too? Seems maybe they changed the CD and seat before the major upgrade that came in 2001............

Lol! Not really research mate, it's a combination of being on this site a long time, and my car spent a lot of time at the dealers in 2005 (and I had a lot of courtesy cars!) :hehe:

I actually wanted to get an LE (loved the colour) up until the point I realised you couldn't get one with satnav - I think it was around on '53' and '04' plates. I remember Lexus Woodford had a used IS300 LE for ages, but this was a while back. There is one on the approved used site at the mo if you're interested though, '53' plate for £8.5k :)

IS300LE was a slightly pointless model, didn't really bring anything new to the table on a standard IS300 except the dash box, the grille and the colour which probably explains its rarity.........

Ok, my IS200 (SE) was reg'd in October 2000 (X reg).

It has:

- 2 tone dash

- top loader CD player

- both front seats have electric adjustment

According to the seatbelt buckles in the back, mine car was built in July 2000. Only discovered this recently when I was cleaning my car.

seems to be narrowing down to late 2000 when they started to change things, I feel like my car is a little more rare now then :D

so in late 2000 they changed the cd player, the passenger seat became electric

does anyone have a 2001 with manual passenger seat then?

then in 2001 they did the facelift with black dash instead of the bronze bit (cream glovebox and under centre console for cream interiors), piping on the seats etc

yeh I love the standard sound, and my cd player still works 100%, getting more rare each time I post lol

shame about my scratched dash tho :(

I will probably just leave it as theres a few other flaws, most of which I am ashamed to admit were on the car when I bought it and I simply didn't notice, but i knew nothing about buying cars when I bought it lol, and would probably cost too much to fix them all given the age and value of the car, which is a real shame as mechanically the car is bob on

what were there rory? i think we all miss things which we notice later.

I bought an astra many years ago, and did not notice a massive dent in the boot, only when i got home, i wondered why it was so cheap lol

here I go setting myself up for a slating lol,

1. theres a scuff on the passenger seat base on the alcantara part

2. the rear seat has a scratch on the leather at one end, about 2-3 inches long

3. the scratches on the bronze part of the dash as previously mentioned

4. the body kit was badly fitted by the previous owner, by badly i mean bolted at the sides so they are visible :S

5. one front headlamp has been replaced so the older one looks yellow

6. Dent on the door, the black part that surrounds the window, near the B-pillar? (middle pillar)

I to have accidentally added a few marks which i'm gutted about, these are as follows:

1. 3 (yes three :( ) seperate dents on the back bumper where I reversed into bollards (on seperate occasions :blush: )

2. cracked rear skirt as a result of the above

3. scuffed front bumper mis judging clearance turning through a tight gap

4. damage to front lip as a result of above

5. hole in door card made with a long metal bar I was transporting, I closed the door on it :blush:

6. more scratches on the centre console when replacing the stereo (my brother caused those)

and the scratches where it was keyed on 3 seperate panels, done by some local scrotes

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links