Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Im Confused ! Whats Special About Special Edition?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest given the cars re-sale value, like many others we've lost thousands if we are thinkin of selling, so I try not to look at it like that

but if I was to win a couple of grand i'd put everything right as its easier to spend the money putting it right if its not my hard earned cash, if that makes sense

yh it does.

i picked mine up for 2.7k 99, 70k, full service, 12 months mot, 6 months tax, the condition was perfect untill i drove it.

it was a bargain at the time, as all the pads needed replacing, and discs were on the way out, so in the end it cost me about 3k for it.

i got payed out by insurers 3k so was happy with that

here I go setting myself up for a slating lol,

1. theres a scuff on the passenger seat base on the alcantara part

2. the rear seat has a scratch on the leather at one end, about 2-3 inches long

3. the scratches on the bronze part of the dash as previously mentioned

4. the body kit was badly fitted by the previous owner, by badly i mean bolted at the sides so they are visible :S

5. one front headlamp has been replaced so the older one looks yellow

6. Dent on the door, the black part that surrounds the window, near the B-pillar? (middle pillar)

I to have accidentally added a few marks which i'm gutted about, these are as follows:

1. 3 (yes three :( ) seperate dents on the back bumper where I reversed into bollards (on seperate occasions :blush: )

2. cracked rear skirt as a result of the above

3. scuffed front bumper mis judging clearance turning through a tight gap

4. damage to front lip as a result of above

5. hole in door card made with a long metal bar I was transporting, I closed the door on it :blush:

6. more scratches on the centre console when replacing the stereo (my brother caused those)

and the scratches where it was keyed on 3 seperate panels, done by some local scrotes

Personally I think you'd be able to fix most of that with about £500, depending on how bad the paint damage is in the places you've mentioned.........and maybe spend £50 on some parking sensors :P

Have you tried polishing up the headlamp with brasso? Might be an easy fix :)

actually parking for me isn't an issue and I am pretty good at it even if I do say so myself, but the issue was shortly after getting the car, and not thinkin of using snow mode to ease the power, as its an auto, other members will confirm how quickly the car can shoot back if not careful, even with the slightest touch of throttle, I learned the hard way 3 times lol

Lol at all the comments, especially how you learnt the hard way Rory!

My car was almost perfect when i bought it in 2005, and until the wife started driving it in 2007! She also learnt the hard way aswel! If you get what i mean...Lol!

I'm going to put all mine right very soon though. I still have a TTE kit (minus rear skirt which i've been searching for) sitting around waiting to be fitted, new 11 spokes, late spec lights and fogs amongst other stuff. But unfortunately there is always something else to spend your hard earned on like you say Rory.

I hear what you're saying about the IS300 LE, Parthiban, but they seem to be over priced in my opinion. So none of them come with SatNav?!

Oh and yes i do have a top slot CD player!

Parthiban - I think you should start a thread with all this info in, facelift, minor changes etc. Especially as you just know its going to be asked again! And again! Go on off you go, get typing! :)

And what was wrong with your car spending all that time at Lexus?

actually parking for me isn't an issue and I am pretty good at it even if I do say so myself, but the issue was shortly after getting the car, and not thinkin of using snow mode to ease the power, as its an auto, other members will confirm how quickly the car can shoot back if not careful, even with the slightest touch of throttle, I learned the hard way 3 times lol

Ahh right, there's a fair amount of pull from the system in reverse though, it's very rare that I actually use the accelerator when reversing........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links