Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

I purchased an is220d new in 10/2007 and the dealer told me that the first inspection would be at 30 000Km (18 641 Mi).

I dont do many km's a year, as its currently reading just over 15 000 km - i.e., it hasn't gone for its first service/inspection (1year 5months since purchase), and honestly this makes me a little nervous.

I was hoping to hear from other 220d owners to determine whether 30 000 km is indeed the lexus service interval or i should get it in asap.

The car is running fine as far i can tell, no power issues, consumption is suprisingly great (6-7l/100) given the amount of complaints other users have placed in this regard.

I do however sporadically encounter a difficulty to start the engine - which tries and tries and will not start - which i work around it by turning off the ignition then trying again and works. This occured about 7-8 times in the past year and a half and independently of the weather (hot or cold).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ode

I bought a 08 220d MM from a Lexus dealer in March 2009 with 17k miles on the clock. The car had been serviced at 10k miles and the dealers serviced it before i bought it. They told me it was due the next service at 27k miles or in March 2010, whichever comes first. The service interval according to them is 10k miles or every 12 months, which ever comes first. This, i was told was an important factor to be adhered to in order to maintain the warranty. According to what i was told, it would appear that your motor is due a service.

Thank you for the feedback adjust8r.

I think I will go ahead and schedule the service and not wait till the 30 K kms as they reported.

the 15.000kms service (or 1 year) is just the controll of the car. It takes about hour. They check levels of liquids (including the level of oil in differential), tire pressures and wash the car. Thats it.

As I do mostly short journeys, I am also insisting on oil change after 15.000kms.

With my driving style is the oil change required after ~22.000 kms (last time they forgot to reset oil "odometer" so it reminded me after such mileage).

The oil and filter have to be replaced at 15Km as per the handbook .So I would get it done soonest .at least it does on the 250

it is different on diesel, it calculates the oil life and asks for change when "right" time comes - but max 30.000kms or 2 years.

Well.

I thought ISd (or 250) doesn't have CBS - Condition Based Servicing.

You have to service and change oil every 12m/10,000 miles, and makes long term maintaining costs for ISd very high over 60,000 miles.

What makes you think diesel is different and tells you with a light? Mine didn't.

Well.

You have to service and change oil every 12m/10,000 miles, and makes long term maintaining costs for ISd very high over 60,000 miles.

What makes you think diesel is different and tells you with a light? Mine didn't.

Gunther - your right it is a fixed interval service as far as I'm aware - certainly on UK spec cars.

Well.

I forgot that may be there is a difference between EU and UK model. I have EU model.

Anyway, I would not leave the same oil for longer than 20.000kms (in a diesel). For the expense, the oilchange costs here about 170€, so it is no problem at all.