Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• 8 months later...

• 4 months later...

tbh this is the first thread i have read since joining the forum..... And my god what a build!!! that is one nice car!! not a fan of the rear window spoiler but each to there own :) this car must owe you some serious cash!! is it your daily drive?

tbh this is the first thread i have read since joining the forum..... And my god what a build!!! that is one nice car!! not a fan of the rear window spoiler but each to there own :) this car must owe you some serious cash!! is it your daily drive?

Hi, thanks mate. It is my daily drive...and it is worth every penny!

• 4 weeks later...

Today I fitted almost all the new parts on the car. Firstly we changed the front bushes. As you see from the photo the front bush is damaged after 125,000km so I presume it will be a good idead to have a look at your bushes too. Removing the oem bushes was not an easy job. It requires a map gas, a chesil and a hummer.

muh01y.jpg

muh01y.jpg

2n0qzqv.jpg

2n0qzqv.jpg

j67jq0.jpg

211syyq.jpg

Pic of the faulty old coilover and the Megan Racing Bars.

op08xx.jpg

New TRD bush fitted on the bar.

nqz6vl.jpg

Coilover and Megan Racing parts fitted on the car.

2v8nvyf.jpg

2nibqcw.jpg

2l92s8y.jpg

Also the bushes of the rear oem traction rods were damaged...check this bushes too.

a2te21.jpg

Front coilover fitted on the car.

35je3o7.jpg

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i43.tinypic.com/34isjyp.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here is a new small toy I got from my mechanic. It is an oil cooler from a Lexus RH400h. I am thinking to swap my small Mocal oil cooler with this one and use the other for the steering oil line. The only thing that I do not know is how much the oil pressure will drop with the larger cooler.

118opdf.jpg

fk1v8k.jpg

1e3oma.jpg

2a859xj.jpg

• 8 months later...

Looking super good buddy!! Is the dyno reading before or after fitting the new pistons and rods can i ask? sorry if this has been covered had to sneak on at work so not had chance to have a proper read!! :)

Looking super good buddy!! Is the dyno reading before or after fitting the new pistons and rods can i ask? sorry if this has been covered had to sneak on at work so not had chance to have a proper read!! :)

The dyno readings are with OEM pistons and rods

Did a service today to the car. Changed the oil and fitted new Torco SR-1 oil. Also fitted the new short HKS oil filter. As you see from the pic the space is limited with the sandwich plate so there is no other option than fit this size of filter.

2gt9gdc.jpg

• 8 months later...

New updates. We fitted the upgrade parts. First we fitted the 375cc injectors, relocated the steering wheel bottle, installed the water/methanol kit and lastly the 160mm pulley with the 5PK583 belt. I believe this is the correct belt size. It was already too tight before using the cradle belt tensioner. Next step is now to arrange this week to have the car remapped and see what the performance output will be. Driving back home I had the meth kit disengaged (wait until the car is remapped), but up to 4500rpm the boost gauge showed me 8psi! I did not push it further want the engine safe until the upgrade has finished. Happy with the result though. Here are some pictures of today's work.

14cqge1.jpg

10crpev.jpg

sw36rr.jpg

2eds13a.jpg

szidlh.jpg

2lac95d.jpg

2u89xtz.jpg

Ok the big day came. I took the car today to the mapper....and the result? 9.5psi boost and 235whp and 28kg of torque. The AFR when the water/meth kit is working is 11.9-12.4.

I believe now I have the most powerful Lexus IS200 with a TTE SC kit fitted in Europe.

21dkeh0.jpg

• 2 months later...