Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Probably The Worst Post I'm Having To Make?

today was a sad day, just been looking at the pics in your gallery of how it was.....gutted for ya!! :sad:

Thanks for helping me again today Bro :)

Did put a lot of effort into it trying to get it just right, Think i was getting there too? :whistling:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO words can say how bad I feel for you mate.

I did not think it was going to be as bad as this.

Once you get it sorted mate you can put up a pic of before and after with your magic tyre foam that you use.

Chin up mate we are all thinking of you and hope we can help in anyway.

Adrian

That really is a sorry sight, hope it looks worse than it actually is - is that just ash all over the paint or is it messed up?

Really hope you manage to get this sorted without too much pain, if it is mostly cosmetic it shouldn't be too difficult to get back together should it?

MAte thats shocking

makes me wonder though what caused it looks like the hotest point of the burn wasnt above the Battery from the state of the bonnet, did you have agrounding kit or anything like that, which could have come dislodged

What is the status inside the car.....is it smoked out 2 ?

Out of intrest what vaule is the car insured for and do they know aboutall the little mods here and there....

Rabs

today was a sad day, just been looking at the pics in your gallery of how it was.....gutted for ya!! :sad:

Thanks for helping me again today Bro :)

Did put a lot of effort into it trying to get it just right, Think i was getting there too? :whistling:

no worries :unsure:

mate i'm gob smacked :crybaby: :o but you know what they say everything happens for a reason..............hope you get it sorted asap.

Oh ***** that's worse than I was hoping/expecting it to look. I really hope I'm wrong but I think there's going to be a huge amount of work (and cost) to repair that.

Sounds like your insurance company is the same as many in that whilst they cover the car with the mods, they are not covering them "like for like" i.e. don't cover the cost of replacing the mods, is that right ? :(

Really feel for you. Wish I could do something to help :crybaby:

makes me wonder though what caused it looks like the hotest point of the burn wasnt above the battery from the state of the bonnet, did you have agrounding kit or anything like that, which could have come dislodged

I was looking at the pictures and trying to see what I could figure out from that. It looks to me like it's burned the hottest where the custom engine cover (rising sun design) was. What was that made of Chris ?

That's of course not saying that's where the fire started, it may well have been somewhere else but perhaps that's the bit that burned the most, and it seems to be mostly missing - or was there a whole load of it left but you've removed it now ?

F&%* me mate that looks bad, i thought you managed to get it put out just after it ignited!! It does look quite bad Chris but im sure with your head in the right direction it'll be looking as good if not better than it was before.....with this damage could there be vision of a engine transplant ;) all the best mate!!!!

Chris

F&%* me mate that looks bad, i thought you managed to get it put out just after it ignited!! It does look quite bad Chris but im sure with your head in the right direction it'll be looking as good if not better than it was before.....with this damage could there be vision of a engine transplant ;) all the best mate!!!!

Chris

Cheers Chris, :) Think i'll be stripping it mate and starting again with something else?? so might be a few bits for sale soon ;)

Just got to talk to the insurance again tomorrow and see what they say? :unsure:

thats a real shame chris if thats what end up happening??? you could stick a 1G-GTE lump in there instead :whistling:

can i ask, how is the paintwork around the wings etc?? did it suffer much, or was it just surface coated with ash/soot??

hope the insurance comapny doesn't play silly beggers with you mate.

all the best matey

rob

thats a real shame chris if thats what end up happening??? you could stick a 1G-GTE lump in there instead :whistling:

can i ask, how is the paintwork around the wings etc?? did it suffer much, or was it just surface coated with ash/soot??

hope the insurance comapny doesn't play silly beggers with you mate.

all the best matey

rob

Everything else is fine mate,

Inside smells a bit smokey but it stayed pretty well contained to the area that ignited? The powder thats all over the car is from the fire extinguisher so just washes off, gave the engine bay a wash off yesterday and its mainly smoke marks, :whistling: But a lot of the main wiring has melted at the rear of the engine, fuse box, Battery etc,

The insurance company have basicly said they will pay for the basic car but not cover the mods, so have told them i'll remove them if thats the case? but will find out more in the morning about that and see what they say?

eBay might be busy for a few days :lol::whistling:

@ Asi not too sure yet mate but it might have twin turbos :winky:

here is a thought chris let the insurance company asses or independant garage, see what the cost to repair is

Route A

Insurabce says ok we will fix you get car back all singing and damcing no problems

Route b

Insurance says its a write off

Let insurance company rite the car off Buy it back strip engine bay out and put new bigger better stronger engine in and become the bandit

Route c

Insurance says its a write off buy it back get new wiring loom of eBay from a crashed Lex there seems quite a few out there get your pride and joy back

(ill come up and help get in running one weekend)

Route d

hey write it off pay out lots of money have a holiday come back and start a new project :P

Rabs

here is a thought chris let the insurance company asses or independant garage, see what the cost to repair is

Route A

Insurabce says ok we will fix you get car back all singing and damcing no problems

Route b

Insurance says its a write off

Let insurance company rite the car off Buy it back strip engine bay out and put new bigger better stronger engine in and become the bandit

Route c

Insurance says its a write off buy it back get new wiring loom of ebay from a crashed Lex there seems quite a few out there get your pride and joy back

(ill come up and help get in running one weekend)

Route d

hey write it off pay out lots of money have a holiday come back and start a new project :P

Rabs

Will see what they say in the morning mate? Looking at the wiring its going to need the whole engine loom with fuse boxes, might need an injector, coil pack, some pipework, Battery, bonnet respray, windscreen lower panel, rubber seals, plus other bits :whistling: Just doesnt halp not having any money coming in at the moment :crybaby:

If i remove all the bits i'll have to sell the charger etc to do the work on it, but dont really want to go back to a standard IS200 if you know what i mean? :unsure:

fingers crossed for you there is a IS200 loom on eBay at the moment.... as for engine bits and peices 2 members on here have done engine transplants there may be some bits avalibale from old engines

it might be worth looking into crashed lex's rear end damage or even front end as the bits you need are likely to still be in good nick

Rabs

fingers crossed for you there is a IS200 loom on ebay at the moment.... as for engine bits and peices 2 members on here have done engine transplants there may be some bits avalibale from old engines

it might be worth looking into crashed lex's rear end damage or even front end as the bits you need are likely to still be in good nick

Rabs

Was looking at that loom on eBay mate, but dont recognise the fuse box's on it? so not sure if its the right one? :unsure:

Need to get some cash coming in now asap :whistling: Mind i have just sold the exhaust trim for £50 and my alloys for £150 B) so its a start :lol:

i think they will write it off as the cost of the loom and labour charges will be worth more than the car.

it looks like something shorted the battery as the area looks localised and esp as the battery has melted it suggests it has

Have a good idea it has Rob, not 100% sure yet? :whistling:

good luck chris. i have coil packs if you ever need them chris. twin turbo's sound good to me but that will cost £4-5k region. it will all come down to how much money you got. i like the idea of letting the insurance cmiopany write it off and you could buy it back off them. i reckon you will have a little bit more oney to play with then.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO matey only just picked this up :crybaby: really really gutted for you matey, don't know what to say, hope you can get it all sorted, the main thing is tho mate that your ok and no one was hurt, hope it doesn't mess up your plans for next week but i'm guessing it's goint too :crybaby: gutted mate totally gutted so can't even imagine how you feel, if there's anything I can do don't hesitate mate :)

On the parts diagrams there are a few different part numbers for the main engine bay loom, depending on exact model, and it costs about £1,500-£1,700 from Toyota/Lexus :wacko:

So if buying from eBay you'd need to be very careful to get the right one. And even then you're getting a used one and you don't know how it was removed. Sorry to sound negative :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links