Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Probably The Worst Post I'm Having To Make?

OMG!! I cant believe that I'm seeing this thread. Really sorry to see and hear whats happened mate. Your car was so perfect as well and u aint even had the SC on there long either. Hope everything works out for u and hope the insurance company are good with u mate. Keep us updated on how things go

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy ***** Chris! :crying::crying::crying:

Just looked at this post and i can't believe its your engine bay! You had one of the nicest engine bays i had seen, not just lexus! Im really sorry to see this mate and i hope it gets fixed for you without too much hassle or cost mate!

Jason :(

Cheers guys, :)

But i've reluctantly decided to start and strip it tomorrow, hopefully i'll be able to get some funds back off the bits and start again?

Must admit though its something i'm not looking forward to doing after all the work thats gone into it, but just cant afford to buy a new loom and all the other bits it needs :( And i'm determined to be back in another lex/toyota asap :)

Thats a real shame chris. Sorry it couldnt be salvaged at reasonable cost mate! Its gonna be hard stripping her back diwn mate but its ur best bet as u can get some tied up cash back from the parts. Im sure u'll sell most of them matey.

Sorry again fella :-(

Damn!!!!!.....Sorry to see this Chris, man you've worked so bloody hard on that car to make it one of the best!!!!.... I only just now caight up with this thread and I can't see the fire damage because I'm at work and can't download the pics.

I'll download them tomorrow at home and take them to work tomorrow night and show our Fire Investigaton Team based at my station, they may be able to shed some light on the cause, although from what you say it just seems like an electrical fault. I can tell you this mate, most of the car/van/lorry fires we attend are caused by electric faults of some kind, so insurance companies are well up on this kind of claim.

Couple of quick questions:

Was the engine running directly before the fire?

If not how long approx had it been at rest?

Keith

Damn!!!!!.....Sorry to see this Chris, man you've worked so bloody hard on that car to make it one of the best!!!!.... I only just now caight up with this thread and I can't see the fire damage because I'm at work and can't download the pics.

I'll download them tomorrow at home and take them to work tomorrow night and show our Fire Investigaton Team based at my station, they may be able to shed some light on the cause, although from what you say it just seems like an electrical fault. I can tell you this mate, most of the car/van/lorry fires we attend are caused by electric faults of some kind, so insurance companies are well up on this kind of claim.

Couple of quick questions:

Was the engine running directly before the fire?

If not how long approx had it been at rest?

Keith

Cheers Keith :) The engine had been running between 30mins and an hour before?

What a terrible shock. I called you straight away when I first heard the news :o :o :o

You put so much love, work & attention to detail into your car to make it one of the very finest in the UK.

After that happening to my car I don't think I could even speak for a week, and I certainly would have been in floods

of tears for days & days..... I hope you find a away to repair it or get a good payout so you can replace your car with

a new pride & joy.

After calling you up, & hearing a cheery voice looking on the bright side so soon after a disaster, matey you truly

are incredible. What a shining example of a human being you truly are to everyone, I take my hat off to you !!!

Fingers crossed on the lottery this week, your positive outlook deserves a reward :)

Bloody hell fella, I just came on and saw this - that's really shocking mate, but I guess like the guys say at least you weren't in there at the time as it could have been a lot worse I guess!

Hope things work out ok mate with this lot, that really is crazy!

Good luck with whatever is next on the agenda, you'd really put an unbelievable amount of time and work into that car and it's terrible to see it all end up like that :(

Cheers Guys, :) Been and taken a few bits off it today and at this very moment i'm polishing the supercharger again :) Took me ages to get one and now having to sell it to fund some more wheels? :nugget: Also got the carbon spoiler off,carbon intake, hids, boost gauge, and the front and side skirts off?

Had a good look at the wiring to see if its possible to do it with minimum hassle but so much of it has melted it'll take me ages to sort out? The insurance have given me the ok to remove the mods and put it back to standard form and then they will send someone to have a look at it/pick it up! then just have to wait to see if i get anything for it?? ;)

So if anybody wants a supercharger let me know :unsure:

Is there not enough know how on here to save the Bandit ??????

Come on mate its just a few wires for the people with the know how

Long live the Bandit !!!!!!!!!!

Cheaper to buy a new one though i'm guessing or upgrade to something even more better.

hi chris, havnt been around for a while and just seen this :o gutted for you mate, hope you get things sorted soon whatever route you take.

good luck mate

Cheers guys :)

i'll be back though as soon as possible, quite determined now that its not the end of the bandit :D

Good stuff, chin up & look forward to your plans in the future mate :)