Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Probably The Worst Post I'm Having To Make?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, took the pics to work this evening and showed our Fire Investigation Team (took the before pics and the burnt out pics to compare). Not a lot to tell you really other than to say it is as we all thought, most probably electrical due to the time you parked up to seeing the smoke. Looks like it may have been the wiring loom down the side of the Battery, but it's hard to see from the pics. As I said earlier, insurance companies see a lot of car fires similar to this kind of burn, so hopefully will pay up pretty quick.

For any future referance guys, I would strongly recommend calling the Fire Brigade to any fire, even a smallish car fire like this that you think is under control and appears out. I have seen the bonett open on a big 800 Rover when it was alight and the hydralic struts had failed sending the thin part of the strut shooting out like a crossbow bolt!! Never stand at the sides when opening a bonett under these conditions. I've seen petrol vapours ignite causing a large flash enough to ignite your clothes and hair, and I've seen Magnesium Alloy heads on Mercs burn white hot when someone threw water at it (Magnesium and water don't mox....lol).

Plus as probably Stav & Chris found out, it's bloody hot and the potential for things like melted Battery acid to splash you, or the acrid fumes/smoke from the plastic just ain't no good for you to inhale.

Another reason to call the Brigade is that they will make a Fire Report for every incident/fire they attend, if the cause of the fire can not be identified on scene, then a Fire Investigator will be called out. This report is then accessed by the insurance companies and gives them all the relevant information they need (plus you become another statistic).

Sorry I can't tell you more Chris, I hope it gets sorted with the insurance quickly mate.

Keith

:msn-cry: Thats just so sad 2 see & dam cruel :msn-cry: i wont say anymore as u are upset enough :crybaby:

My work van caught fire once on the A1 & i just ran & left it got 2 a garage & did as above called 999 then when they arrived i cried & it was only a Ford :blush:

There is a full loom on ebay right now if your up for a full re-wire?? I know its over 200quid but its just an option??

Yeh i've had a look at it mate, but its not the same as mine :unsure:

We have a big breakers in Doncaster & they have a few IS`s in if any help :unsure::question:

DMS

If u find anything i will go pick it up 4 u :winky: anything 2 help u keep your baby

mate,

sorry to see this.. but on the bright side good chance to start another project!!

im sure you can sellloads of the mods to give you a good bit of cash towards the next one..

truly saddened for you mate......

but if i was in your shoes id try and find a loom......

^^^^^^^^^^

Think thats what we all want you to do mate.

And keep the charger.

Long live the Bandit :excl::excl: :excl:

Hi chris, i know you dont know me but i'v being following this tread and my heart goes out to you and your dilemma.

It looks like you've put many a long night into makeing your car something you cherish and love and now its in need of help!

Due to me living so far away and having the knowledge of a dead frog when it come to re-building cars i'd be no help to you at all, but i can and will happly send/pay-pal you £100 in your bid to help get your pride and joy back on the road once again.

This is not a wind up at all and my word is my bond for the cash, all you have to do is say yes.

Martin.

Bravo Martin.

I'd love to match it but having just paid for my own car cash is a bit tight, but Chris knows if he needs a hand with something i'll happily help

Nice one Martin, next time im in Blackpool we must meet for a drink :winky:

Yer Chris knows most of his mate on here will and have, give him a hand with anything we can :D

Hi chris, i know you dont know me but i'v being following this tread and my heart goes out to you and your dilemma.

It looks like you've put many a long night into makeing your car something you cherish and love and now its in need of help!

Due to me living so far away and having the knowledge of a dead frog when it come to re-building cars i'd be no help to you at all, but i can and will happly send/pay-pal you £100 in your bid to help get your pride and joy back on the road once again.

This is not a wind up at all and my word is my bond for the cash, all you have to do is say yes.

Martin.

Totally speachless mate, and havnt got a clue what to say, apart from thankyou for the offer :flowers:

Will Pm you mate and let you know whats going on at the moment :)

I'm totally gobsmacked by the help i've been offered by the members and my friends on the club :crybaby:

Again Thankyou :D

OMG i just noticed this thread and Ive bene reading it for the past few mins to catch up im so sorry for your loss with the lex !! I hope it all works out for u in the end bro I really do !

are you sticking to a lexus? or you moving on?

i would buy a is300.

Might have something with a bit more power mate than an IS300 mate, but going for something a bit old school and still a Lexus/Toyota :D

Has it got a Griffin? Very nice indeed if so :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links