Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just a few random thoughts from when I last filled up as the reserve light came on only just before the garage I was heading for.

Actual MPG calculated from brim to brim fill ups 31.84

Tank brimmed and odometer reset 0.00

Mileage when reserve light came on 376.10

Miles to petrol station since light on 3.60

Galls used since light on 0.11

Mileage at fill up 379.70

Galls to fill tank (adjusted to allow for fuel used driving to petrol station) 11.93

Galls capacity of ta from handbook) 14.30

Galls calculated as left in reserve

i.e. difference between full tank capacity and amount to re-brim tank 2.37

Galls used when light comes on 11.81

Galls left in tank when light comes on 2.49

Theoretical miles left between light on and completely empty 79.16

But don't take my word for it!!!!!

Did 21 miles with the light on last week in my RX300, before I bottled it and filled it up.

Interestingly when I normall fill up when light first comes on tank will only take 58'ish litres in. On that occasion got almost 62 in.

That's really good - thank you for the calculations. I am still getting used to the RX400h and the fact that it does not have a distance to empty display on the computer. Mind you, I used to fill my RX350 up every week, but I fill the RX400h up once a fortnight! The commute and usage has not changed, just my fuel consumption.

I have been getting 32 mpg over the last 750 miles (1,000 miles total on the odo now), and the fuel light comes on at around 360 miles, and it took 53 litres to re-brim. So....I reckon I could get to about 400 miles on a tank before really needing to refill.

I used to drive my 350 with the nav screen on, but habits have changed with the 400h to preferring the consumption graph screen trying to get 6 full bars in a row. My journey to work is 12 miles, mostly going up hill, but I win more on the return journey! It certainly makes you change your driving habits (though I suppose if I really wanted to save the whales, I should be driving a Prius!).

Have always got 31-32 mpg on the computer, as has my uncle in is. Never really varies much.

Thats good info thanks for taking the time out.

Nice to see i am getting similar distances MPG and fill info etc. I also drive mostly uphill to work and downhill back. Still think based on my 5 months ownership so far that flats are better for MPG.

Best MPG i have got so far on a tank was 32.5 based on brimming. (the OBC said 31.5 so a pleasant surprise!)

But i too keep watching that screen and trying to get more....It does make you drive different but it wont make me want to drive a Prius!

:unsure:

I tend to fill up my rx400h when the needle hits the top of the 'R' on the dial. At this point I typically have 4 litres left in the tank, i.e. enough for another 20-30 miles.....

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links