Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Motorway Madness

I know it's trendy to blame BMW drivers for tricks like this but when I've seen it done a large portion really are BMWs.

So, maybe BMW drivers are better drivers than we give them credit for.............. :sick:

Just a thought...... ;)

It seems a bit unfair to try and get in in front of everyone else who is queuing just for the sake of a few yards?

A few years ago when going down to Cornwall the lanes leading up to the Severn bridge had one closing, yet one person seemed to think he would go all the way down to the bottom and get in there? This ended up with a lot of hand signals being exchanged between him and my dad and shouting out of windows and then nearly a crash because they both tried to get past at the same time. Dunno why people can't just do the same as everyone else?

It seems a bit unfair to try and get in in front of everyone else who is queuing just for the sake of a few yards?

A few years ago when going down to Cornwall the lanes leading up to the Severn bridge had one closing, yet one person seemed to think he would go all the way down to the bottom and get in there? This ended up with a lot of hand signals being exchanged between him and my dad and shouting out of windows and then nearly a crash because they both tried to get past at the same time. Dunno why people can't just do the same as everyone else?

so - there was a road.

one lane was packed

the others were empty?

and the guy who used the empty lane was in the wrong?

sorry - but I would say all the muppets sat in a queue were doing the wrong thing.

what is it with the British - we really do just love to queue don't we?

:lol:

Yeah but isn't that the idea of queues? Wait your turn? It's like going into Asda on a packed day and skipping the queue because there was a space to get past at the side of it! If people are waiting to get past at the end of the queue and have sat there patiently for 30 mins - wouldn't you be a bit annoyed if someone came haring down the 'closing' lane and got through in 30 seconds and made everyone else wait longer. . . .Anyway if everyone thought the same way and people were using both lanes till one closed wouldn't it get a bit chaotic?!

Ok I'll stop going on now :)

Yeah but isn't that the idea of queues? Wait your turn? It's like going into Asda on a packed day and skipping the queue because there was a space to get past at the side of it!

no - its a bit like going into Asda on a busy day, and joining a queue when there are empty tills to the side of you.

:P

Anyway if everyone thought the same way and people were using both lanes till one closed wouldn't it get a bit chaotic?!

no - not if everyone merged correctly, and didn't think it was such a bad thing to actually let another person get in front of them

it would only be chaotic if everyone continued to have this anal "I'm not letting anyone in front of me" attitude.

sorry - but I would say all the muppets sat in a queue were doing the wrong thing.

Agree with Matt on this one. Not sure why people love queing half a mile in a lane merge situation. Surely it makes sense to use all the road space to reduce the tail back.

I have been known to drive as far as possible in an empty lane and then 'lawfully' slip into the other open lane :whistling::blush:

I have been known to drive as far as possible in an empty lane and then 'lawfully' slip into the other open lane :whistling::blush:

ah - no you see if I was in front - you wouldn't need to "lawfully" slip in - 'cos I would justlet you in.

foot off the gas, let gap open up - quick flash of the lights to let you know its safe to go - back on the gas.

adds maybe 5 seconds to my journey time - no big deal.

now - if we could only get more people doing this :ohmy:

I have been known to drive as far as possible in an empty lane and then 'lawfully' slip into the other open lane :whistling:  :blush:

ah - no you see if I was in front - you wouldn't need to "lawfully" slip in - 'cos I would justlet you in.

foot off the gas, let gap open up - quick flash of the lights to let you know its safe to go - back on the gas.

adds maybe 5 seconds to my journey time - no big deal.

now - if we could only get more people doing this :ohmy:

Exactly :lol:

i say theres some rights and wrongs in all this,

if someone attmpts to move over with ........say 50 meters to go..then fine back of the gas, let them in,............

but if the road is chocka anyway, and yet people are still pushing all the way to the end till its closed then pushing in, then thats just silly, as is the fool who as everyone else is slowing down to "match" speeds, ready to pull into the middle lane, still insists on doing 70+mph in the closing lane, and has no other place to go but force his way in.........orend up in the cones.

in Germany it is law, to move over at the earliest time available......and strangley, theres none of the idiotic caos found on UK motorways.

in my opinion, move over and give others space......if they wanna squeeze in at the last 1 meter before hitting the cones.........tuff *****, they had plenty of time

no - its a bit like going into Asda on a busy day, and joining a queue when there are empty tills to the side of you.

lol - I can see your point I suppose, but I still think it's a bit unfair if people have been queuing for a while and it still pisses a lot of people off. By the way are you going to Lexus openroad at Arley hall or whatever you call it? I see that you're in Birkenhead - that's probably the most local one for you????

By the way are you going to Lexus openroad at Arley hall or whatever you call it? I see that you're in Birkenhead - that's probably the most local one for you????

not sure now.

Got my name down - but I think I have a chauffeur committment that night - SWMBOand her sister are going to Manchester to see Bruce Springsteen.

Not sure if the Springsteen gig has been canned though

By the way are you going to Lexus openroad at Arley hall or whatever you call it? I see that you're in Birkenhead - that's probably the most local one for you????

not sure now.

Got my name down - but I think I have a chauffeur committment that night - SWMBOand her sister are going to Manchester to see Bruce Springsteen.

Not sure if the Springsteen gig has been canned though

Ok. We came back from Texas on Saturday morning and there were 2 (?) invitations waiting for us. My dad's all excited now! He's never been to one before. What are they like? And do you reckon that there will be a lot of people waiting to drive the SC430? There are so many Lexi in America!

And do you reckon that there will be a lot of people waiting to drive the SC430?

hope so!

that will leave the GS430 free for me!

Hehehe. Don't you want to drive the SC430????? Do you have an IS then? My dad wants a GS430 after this car. . .he says he needs to save his pennies first though. Have you any idea when the GS430 sport is coming out?

Sorry gone very off topic here

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links