Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Igniter Circuit Malfunction....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my car diagnosed today, and two error codes came up.

1) P1300 (Igniter Circuit Malfunction No.1)

2) P1310 (Igniter Circuit Malfunction No.3)

how to i go about sorting this out? All help appreciated! thanks.

You need 2 new coil pack mate :o

2 coilpacks on cylinders 1 and 3?

You can buy coilpacks from Lexus/Toyota or Japarts eBay shop. Japarts sell the genuine Lexus ones for £100 each, they also do the patterned ones for £59 each- check their eBay shop.

Edit: You may have to reset the ECU after installing the new coilpacks.

Did you definitely replace the right ones ? With number 1 cylinder starting at the front of the car, so you replaced 1 and 3 ?

Are you still getting exactly the same codes ? Does the car appear to be running normally or is it in "limp" mode and significantly underpowered ?

How about the spark plugs, did you check the condition of those, have they been replaced recently ?

I've just realised that you're the same guy that posted this thread. It would probably have been useful to keep all the information in one thread.

Given that you seem to keep having these sort of symptoms it seems unlikely to me to be the coil packs.

What is the story with the plugs, as I asked in your previous thread. Have those been changed recently ? Have you checked to see what condition they seem to be in ?

the plugs were changed around 2000miles ago. so let me get this straight, cyclinder 1 is at the front of the car, closest to the rad etc?

who fitted the plugs????the engines are very tempramental if you dont use iridium plugs.and as asi found out the cars hate the wrong plugs so its worth removing them and checking they are the right ones.

yip cylinder 1 is closest to the rad!

What type of plugs are they exactly ? Not just the make, but the exact model.

So the plugs were changed since this first started happening ?

What else is the car doing, does it seem to be misfiring/running rough ? Is the engine check light actually on at the moment, any other warning lights ?

they are NGK....this was after the spark plugs were changed this problem started happening. no the car is not misfiring or nothing. the engine management light comes on when the car cuts out. then when it starts back up it goes off!

they are NGK....this was after the spark plugs were changed this problem started happening. no the car is not misfiring or nothing. the engine management light comes on when the car cuts out. then when it starts back up it goes off!

i would remove them and go get other plugs take the plugs out normally iridium plugs have this written on them.

get the proper plug number and see if they are iridium if not remove them throw them in the bin and put proper plugs in!

oh just wondering how much did the plugs cost you?the proper ones are expensive!!!!

ps the number you are looking for is NGK IFR6A11

Is the car cutting out while driving along, or just while idling ?

So everything was fine before the plugs were changed ? Is this the only thing that was done at the time ? Has the cam belt been changed ? Has it had any kind of accident repair at the front end recently ?

used to get this problem when changing mondeo plugs the garage i worked for stopped using ngk plugs(platnum) as it gave the same symptoms as killa is having

as said before he will need to remove the plugs and get the numbers and check to see if they are iridium or not then we can go further into diagnosing his fault but until then we cant say no more.

ps the gap might have been closed a bit due to rough handling or could be faulty plugs.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links