Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Igniter Circuit Malfunction....

The Denso plugs are the other OEM plugs. The standard ones are SK20R11, but I (and many others here) use IK20R11, which are the high-performance variant. They don't last as long but they cost less than the SK20s too.

I'm a bit concerned as to whether something wasn't done correctly in the cam belt change which could be causing some sort of problems.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which spark plugs do u recommend then?

what ones have you got in your car??as said they might be correct and might be a deeper problem ie incorrect fitting of something during the timing belt change as stevie said.

Are you sure that the earlier problems weren't genuine coil pack failures though ? Maybe you really did need to swap the coil packs/plugs earlier, but now you've got another different problem, albeit one with similar symptoms ? Did you get codes read before ?

Was the car cutting out completely before or just not working on all cylinders ? When it cuts out at the moment, it just dies completely, yes ?

when i had coil pack problems it was actually misfiring. when i do drive it now it doesnt misfire. it just cuts out completely n when i got it read it gave codes P1300 (Igniter Circuit Malfunction no.1) and P1310 (Igniter Circuit Malfunction no.3).

yeh had em out a couple of days ago n they looked fine 2 me. bit ov carbon on em n just cleaned em with a wire brush.

what was the number on them?are they the right plugs?are they iridium????

lookin fine is different from being the right ones for the car. and if you've cleaned the plugs with a wire brush and they are iridium you have just broke them you never clean those plugs that way as you take the iridium contact off the end!!!!!!

when i had coil pack problems it was actually misfiring. when i do drive it now it doesnt misfire. it just cuts out completely n when i got it read it gave codes P1300 (Igniter Circuit Malfunction no.1) and P1310 (Igniter Circuit Malfunction no.3).

ok, so like I said, you might have two completely different problems that you're looking at as if they're the same. You must have a different problem now if it's not misfiring but cutting out.

yeh had em out a couple of days ago n they looked fine 2 me. bit ov carbon on em n just cleaned em with a wire brush

:nugget:

But if the cutting out problem was happening before you cleaned them, that can't be the source of the problem.

Was there any cutting out (forget the misfiring) before you had the cam belt change ? I'm still suspicious something is wrong with the cam belt change.

Or did the cutting out problem start with the plug change ?

Is the engine check light currently on ? It would be useful if you had an OBDII reader and you could check what is happening each time it cuts out. e.g. is it always producing the same codes when it cuts out and turning on the engine check light ? Then you can reset the light and see what happens next time.

I'm not suprised that changing the plugs didn't help, given they'd be recently changed anyway.

Cutting out could be for lots of reasons, but I'm wondering if the codes are misleading and whether they do or do not happen each time ?

ok, i got another code come up on the OBDII. cant remember what it is but its something like Mass Air Flow or what not!

I guarentee 100% its not the Mass air FLOW sensor.

Really you need the exact code to help diagnose. If its the Mass air pressure sensor then check the wiring and check the pipes down the side of the throttle body are tight.

I'm guessing you've got either P0105 or P0106 but as Stav said, we really need the exact details to help figure out what's happening.

It would be useful to get a better sequence of events too, I'm finding this all a bit confusing. e.g. were there no codes/engine light, then you drove it, now the engine check light has come on and you've got just this one code ? Or are there others too ?

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links