Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Sat Nav

the lexus sat nav dvd reader thingibob which is located in the boot off my car has packed up...will no longer read the Sat nav DVD disc, i have been unable to source one from the uk at a decent price...however i have been on several usa/canada forums and i have found a guy who is selling the lcd screen, dvd reader and the in-car controls(he wont seperate the items).....

hes willing to ship to the UK, but before i part with my cash.....will the dvd reader work here in the uk as im assuming its just the disc which tells the car where it is/where to go,.. right?

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

hi,

the problem is that i gave my car to my cousin to use, i showed him the hidden menu, so he could use the nav while on the move(took the car to europe) and he somehow changed one off the setting within that hidden menu, its now says on the screen something like: insert correct system disc and cant go past that screen..menu buttons dont do anything what so ever....took it to lexus and they have never seen this problem before and dont know what to do, they tried resetting it(plugged in there diagnostic machine) as its a "old" model navigation its gonna cost ££ to fix...so its cheaper if i buy a unit from the states as im gonna do.

@ jay_russell - ill let you know when i receive it as im only after the reader.

Have you tried the map DVDs you bought off me on your system?

The systems updates the system firmware on boot up from the disk, it may worth removing and re-inserting the disk, just remember to power down the system and switch the car off after removing the disk, so the systems boots from disk on power up.

I thought the US nav systems were different - i.e. if you brought a US car over here you wouldn't be able to just simply put a UK nav disc in and use it as normal?

Either way, if he was just fiddling with a few settings surely it's got to be a simple fix, try a few other dealers before you give up completely as they may be able to fix it for nothing..........

try ebay. should be something even a is200 would work.

I'm not 100% on this so hopefully someone can confirm but I'm not sure if the mk2 GS nav computer might be the same - I know when I got my voice recognition module it works on both units so there may be some overlap........

if anyone with a GS is willing to look at the toyota/lexus part number for the dvd reader in there boot.... it is: 86841-53040

Thank You...

On the parts diagrams, the GS nav computer has a different part number. Whether this is because it just has a slightly different fitting, or whether it's a totally different item, I don't know.

just an update, i tried a updated set off dvd discs which i bought recently off a member...still the same message, i even tried inserting no discs in the reader and still came up with the exact same message on screen, even though there was no disc inserted.

Message is: ERROR: System Unable To Access The Program - Incorrect Program Disc, Please Insert Proper Disc .

.......please could someone confirm when the IS200 had the dvd based sat nav...

Thank You

just an update, i tried a updated set off dvd discs which i bought recently off a member...still the same message, i even tried inserting no discs in the reader and still came up with the exact same message on screen, even though there was no disc inserted.

Message is: ERROR: System Unable To Access The Program - Incorrect Program Disc, Please Insert Proper Disc .

.......please could someone confirm when the IS200 had the dvd based sat nav...

Thank You

Check out this LINK there is a few things you could try.

did not work im afraid.....if found a dvd reader from the USA which come in at just over £190inc shipping and a couple in the uk, cheapest one was £360approx.......what i want to know is, will the one from america work in my uk spec car?...seeing as all is300's were bult in japan, im assuming its just the disc which tells the car where to go as such.?

On the parts diagrams, the GS nav computer has a different part number. Whether this is because it just has a slightly different fitting, or whether it's a totally different item, I don't know.

Cool, it was a bit of a longshot, if they have different part numbers good chance they're not the same - cheers Stevie for checking that out.

.......please could someone confirm when the IS200 had the dvd based sat nav..

It's from '51' plate onwards - the IS200 was updated at the same point the IS300 was launched.

...seeing as all is300's were bult in japan, im assuming its just the disc which tells the car where to go as such.?

I still don't think a unit from the US will work so worth checking out to make absolutely sure - as an example I know for sure that a Japanese nav unit won't work so there's no reason a US unit should work unless you have it confirmed by someone :)

thnx everyone for all ur help....just gettin peed'off now, its fustrating as the drivers side speaker is not working too as it runs off the same box....ill ring a couple of UK breakrs tomorrow to c weather they will drop price.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links