Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Water Injection

personally i don't think there is any benefit to fit that system matey.

as stated a fair few times, the TTE s/c conversion is designed to be a 'plug and play' affair and no other mods are really needed. that's not to say its of no use etc, but i don't think it'll benefit you in enough of a way to warrant the cost?? i know stav was looking into/part way through making a home made type of system, but not sure how that panned out??

rob

personally i don't think there is any benefit to fit that system matey.

as stated a fair few times, the TTE s/c conversion is designed to be a 'plug and play' affair and no other mods are really needed. that's not to say its of no use etc, but i don't think it'll benefit you in enough of a way to warrant the cost?? i know stav was looking into/part way through making a home made type of system, but not sure how that panned out??

rob

Maybe in UK it will not make a big difference since the temperature is low compare to Greece. In Athens during summer the temp reaches 40C (i.e temperature at air intake is around 45 to 50C) and in the winter is around 10C. So I suppose it might do a difference. From what i have read up to know water injection reduces up to 30C the air at the intake. Hence there must be a significant gain after all. In USA many cars have used this kit.

Might be a little bit of benefit for you in Greece as it is hot !

But otherwise, might just be a pain in the butt !

On my Volvo, the electronic throttle (similar to the Lexus) didn't like the extra moisture content at all, so be aware of this also.

On the other hand, it's a nice little project.

Might be a little bit of benefit for you in Greece as it is hot !

But otherwise, might just be a pain in the butt !

On my Volvo, the electronic throttle (similar to the Lexus) didn't like the extra moisture content at all, so be aware of this also.

On the other hand, it's a nice little project.

The IS200 does not have a fully electronic throttle. It has a cable electronic assist, i.e. cable and electronic motor. The electronic motor closes or opens the throttle depending on the circumstances.So the throttle motor is not subject to moisture.

personally i wouldnt install it until youve researched the intake temps and if they are losing you power?

Only then would i suggest going for it.

And Stevie basically its spraying a very fine mist of normally methanol/water at the intake to cooler the intake temp. Your spraying it actually inside the intake pipe.

Hi there. like most have said, theres not much need for it unless you are running big BHP,(but then saying that out where you are you could well do with it) , i will say this!! if you do get one get someone that knows what they are doing to fit it and set it up, as its not a DIY job if you know what im saying, if its not setup right, it could well cost you alot of £££ to put right.