Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interior Light Not Working

I have done a search here for this, and come up with a couple of threads, but they do not completely answer my query,

The main interior light now fails to work, although the footwell ones and warning door lights still do. The bulb looks fine, and undamaged. If this is a capacitor failure, where is it please, and how easy to fix? Where would the fuse be for this and what other circuits does it protect? Would it be possible to upgrade the lighting, say, to LED?

Bedore you do anything, are you able to check with a multimeter to see if there is any current at the terminal?

And the answer to your question is yes - You can upgrade to LED bulbs. The interior light takes a Festoon bulb. All other bulbs are 501 push ins.

I bought mine from www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk

My only comment is that LED bulbs are not designed to dim and fade out, they are binary - either on and off. This means they flicker rather than dimming when closing the door - Just something to bear in mind!

Hi,

Do the map reading lights either side of the main light work as these are all fed off the same supply if they do there is only the slide switch and the wiring to the light that could be faulty having ruled out the bulb itself.

Hi,

Do the map reading lights either side of the main light work as these are all fed off the same supply if they do there is only the slide switch and the wiring to the light that could be faulty having ruled out the bulb itself.

Thanks Steve, yes the map light do work. Hadn't thought about the switch itself tbh.

Doh!

I'll check tomorrow morning.

Hi,

Thanks Steve, yes the map light do work. Hadn't thought about the switch itself tbh.

Doh!

I'll check tomorrow morning.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links