Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Standard Se Audio System

Hey all,

Quick ques...anyone who has an SE model, how does your audio sound? Am I right in thinking there is no center speaker and there should be 'bass' speakers in effect in the rear parcel shelf?

My fronts sound quite bassy but the rears don't seem quite as good.

Cheers. H

I don't have an IS250 so prob not the best person to answer, but I thought the nonML systems were only missing the front centre speaker and they still had a sub on the rear shelf?

Easy way to check is to just open the boot and stick your head under - if there are 3 speakers you have the sub :)

Have to say I thought the standard system is pretty decent, ok the ML blows it away but other than that it had decent sound quality and the bass was pretty good.

I don't have an IS250 so prob not the best person to answer, but I thought the nonML systems were only missing the front centre speaker and they still had a sub on the rear shelf?

Easy way to check is to just open the boot and stick your head under - if there are 3 speakers you have the sub :)

Have to say I thought the standard system is pretty decent, ok the ML blows it away but other than that it had decent sound quality and the bass was pretty good.

I'm sure what Parthiban says is right about the standard speaker set up. I've got the standard system in my diesel SE & it is superb.

This might be asking a daft question but have you checked the audio set up? Check that the audio is set to "pos - all" & that your balance & fader are centred. Check the bass, mid & treble settings too. This isn't meant to sound patronising btw!

If there are no simple set up issues then I'd go back to the dealer (assuming you just bought the car)

Ahh great news people - sat in the back and it's incredible! Just need to play around with the fader. Very good for a stock system, even better then my Accord!

Cheers for the help :)

Glad you got it sorted mate, despite being a "standard" system, as Dazz says it's a Pioneer setup so is pretty good :)

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is a new 2009 MY IS220D SE-I.

Audio sounds absolutely fabulous with 13 speakers fitted. 3 in each door and a bass driver in the rear parcel shelf. There is NO centre speaker and I feel that one is not needed.

The controls on my audio allow me to change the listening bias position to driver, front passengers, rear passengers or all. This seems to work well and their is a good range of control for bass, middle and treble as well as faders for front and rear speakers too.

For a standard system, it is well speccd up.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links