Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Arb's

These are in transit, they are in Los Angeles somewhere.

I suspect it will be at least a couple of weeks before I recieve them, especially as these will have to go through customs.

Kool, please let us know how it goes... how much was delivery??

One of the things that put me off US import was that you had to inform customs that package was en-route with all its shipping details, all sounded like a lot of work to me...

Hope it does work out cheaper, i'm finally getting back in range to start looking round for a set of ARBs...

Hi all,

I recieved my Hotchkis arb's today :D

I bought these from eBay US - Hotchkis arb's

The arbs cost $350.00 - I made offer and got $26 off.

Shipping and insurance cost $145.90

Total $495.90 = £319.87 (exchange rate through Paypal £ = $1.55)

I have not had any issues with customs.

I am having these fitted on Saturday 13th June at ToyotaGT. I have also purchased a full set of Lexus drop links for the install, so any money I had saved has been spent on them.

I hope these live up to my expectations.

Wow, that's a good price, you were lucky to get away without a customs bill ! You won't be disappointed with them, I'm sure. Remember how your OEM-ARB-equipped IS300 was having trouble keeping up with my C-One-ARB-equipped IS200 on a twisty road the other day ? :winky:

I was expecting to pay customs charges on this item and I suspect I will probably get a bill through the post in a few days.

However, I would of expected to pay the charges before the item was released for delivery to the courier.

Oh well, I will have to wait and see, I have not recieved anything from customs for other items I have I have purchased from the US for my car. I wonder if it is because I have everything delivered to business address rather than my home address.

hopefully you got away with it..

my understanding is that if the item has cost less than £400 then they invoice you..

i paid £80 for earphones and got stung £20 custom charges

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Hotchkis arbs fitted today.

WOW! what a difference, the car feels like a different car and handling around corners now is amazing.

I now understand why everyone rates arbs so highly.

You won't be disappointed with them, I'm sure. Remember how your OEM-ARB-equipped IS300 was having trouble keeping up with my C-One-ARB-equipped IS200 on a twisty road the other day ? :winky:

Steve - we have to meet up again soon and see if I can keep with you now. I have so much more confidence in the car and it handles so much better.

Remember to get the GEO done as lowering will of course adversely affect the Geo and you won't get the full benefit of the mods, until the Geo is done.

Will the installation of the arbs and new drop links trash my previous WIM geometry setup?

Great news Alam, like you I couldn't believe the difference with my own ARBs. I'm sure you'd keep up with me a lot better (and more) now ! :D

I had my geo re-checked a while after fitting ARBs because I had stupidly knocked the kerb quite hard and was concerned it had put the geo out. Tony did find that it was slightly out at the rear (which isn't where I'd knocked it) and he said he suspected that was the ARBs being a bit stiffer and causing it to sit slightly differently.

So I wouldn't bother getting the geo done for now given that you're getting coilovers, wait for those and then get it reset when they're fitted.

I got the taxes and duties bill this morning for £46.

Sub Total $495.90 = £319.87 (exchange rate through Paypal £ = $1.55)

Taxes & Duties £46.00

Total £365.87

The arbs' still come in cheaper than the other options I was looking at and now that they are installed I am loving them.

These arb's are superb!!

i've had them fitted for about a year now and the quality of the arb's themselves, the stifness and the final result is just a great combination!!

helps when u can be over in the states at the same time though and check them in as luggage on the plane :whistling::shifty:

I got the taxes and duties bill this morning for £46.

Sub Total $495.90 = £319.87 (exchange rate through Paypal £ = $1.55)

Taxes & Duties £46.00

Total £365.87

The arbs' still come in cheaper than the other options I was looking at and now that they are installed I am loving them.

Wow, thats awesome... you were alot braver than me with ordering stuff from the states... who was the seller of ARBs?? You've got me interested in getting a set from the states..

Wow, thats awesome... you were alot braver than me with ordering stuff from the states... who was the seller of ARBs?? You've got me interested in getting a set from the states..

You can get them for a good price from eBay US. Do a search for "Hotchkis sway" and you'll find a few sets for sale.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links