Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Missfire

My car is missfiring and i am guessing its the coilpack thats has gone so i am on the search for another one

The question is have is why is TRC flashing? I never know if the TRC is on or off. also my engine management light is flashing on and off

Does anyone know where i can get a coilpack other than lexus as i am guessing they will try raping for it

Thanks

Mike

My car is missfiring and i am guessing its the coilpack thats has gone so i am on the search for another one

The question is have is why is TRC flashing? I never know if the TRC is on or off. also my engine management light is flashing on and off

Does anyone know where i can get a coilpack other than lexus as i am guessing they will try raping for it

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike, Asi has 2 coil packs for sale in the for sale section mate :winky:

Your TRC light is flashing coz it not going to work as you have coil pack down ( sort of telling you its not going to work), the engine light is flashing coz of the coil pack :D

Do you know which coilpack has failed? Getting the error codes will tell you which coilpack(s) have failed- there are 6 colipacks in total.

I have read that coilpacks normally fail in pairs- so check that you don't have more than one failed coilpack. As Gord says, Asi has 2 coilpacks for sale, or you could buy the coilpack from Japarts or your local motor factors.

I had exacly the same issue last week, Simple to diagnose witch one has gone down.

Just take the induction housing off and eng covers all 10mm bolts, Then disconnect with the

engine runing each fuel injector in turn (not the coil pack connector other wise eng will just cut out).

and reconnect, the mis-fire will either be worse or stay the same when it stays the same thats the

coil pack witch has gone down.

When changed warning light will still be on just disconnect the Battery for 2 mins to reset ECU.

(Never had a pair go down either just the one).

Just for piece of mind before buying you can move the coil pack to another cylinder basically moving the misfire

then repeat above to confirm misfire.

No need to invest a penny, its the quickest way plus thats what we do here at the dealerships. see above^^

Do you work for Lexus?

No need to invest a penny, its the quickest way plus thats what we do here at the dealerships. see above^^

It's quicker to plug and unplug injectors and listen to the engine, rather than just plugging in a reader and checking the codes ? :unsure:

A code reader isn't just useful for that problem, it can diagnose lots of others too, and potentially saves the price of a dealer telling you what's wrong.

It's quicker to plug and unplug injectors and listen to the engine, rather than just plugging in a reader and checking the codes ? :unsure:

A code reader isn't just useful for that problem, it can diagnose lots of others too, and potentially saves the price of a dealer telling you what's wrong.

I think what he is saying in this case........ you don't need to spend any money to find the coil pack that may or may not be working or not :D

Do you work for Lexus?

Sure we have all the OBD readers here to back up are main diagnostic equipment. The only time we use the diagnostic

equipment is if a car is in warrenty to print of the fault codes for claiming warrenty.

A mechanic who is used to servicing cars day-in and day-out might well not need his diagnostic equipment for most common faults. But for someone who doesn't have the same experience, an OBDII reader (approx £25 on eBay and even less if you already have a laptop) will be a useful tool if the engine check light does come on.

I don't disagree that for a coil-pack induced misfire then you can easily find out which coil pack is at fault by a quick bit of experimentation, but how many times does someone post up the details of a fault when the initial response from most here is "what codes are coming up ?" ?

As for saying it's the quickest method though, come on ... Plugging injectors in and out and then waiting 2 minutes with the Battery disconnected, compared to plugging in a reader, reading the codes and resetting the MIL light ? :winky:

How about the guy who posted today with a P1126 code, you're saying you would diagnose that without simply reading the code ?

ASI PM'd

Thanks guys

A mate of mine is a mechanic and we all agreed it only seems to be missing on one cylinder so should on be the one coilpack. I havent plugged it in or anythin as i will just swap the coilpacks around etc to find the one thats missing. I dont mind getting my hands dirty every now and then haha

Cheers

Mike

well personally a missfire could lead to alot of things. i wouldnt go buy anything before you do your research. if i was you i would find out the code and see which one is missfiring and then take it from there. its up to you to take the advice given mate but we are always happy to help

Sorry to get most of you all up in arm's, Just trying to help the chap before involving any cost.

it cool mate. we were just saying to get a OBD reader for future.