Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone capped this off and still passed the emission test? :)

Put it this way, mine is a JDM imported LS400 Celsior and the Japanese cars do not have a EGR system fitted and it passes no problem as an LS430.

I didn't realise this until I repaired the starter and wondered where it was I even bought the gaskets!

Bypassing the EGR on normally aspirated engines does not cause any problems, turbocharged ones are different in that the EGR cools the turbo somehow and can create problems.

Has anyone capped this off and still passed the emission test? :)

Put it this way, mine is a JDM imported LS400 Celsior and the Japanese cars do not have a EGR system fitted and it passes no problem as an LS430.

I didn't realise this until I repaired the starter and wondered where it was I even bought the gaskets!

Bypassing the EGR on normally aspirated engines does not cause any problems, turbocharged ones are different in that the EGR cools the turbo somehow and can create problems.

Thanks Steve,

Blocking the pipe it is then :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ruud, PM your email to me and I will emial you what i did to replace mine.

It was a reasonably tough job, requiring some dexterity, but well worth it, and still strong 3 years later.

Hi Simon,

I did the job last saturday. managed to get it out, weld it and put it back in under 90 minutes :). Thanks for the offer though, much appreciated.