Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1995 Gs300 Alloy Replacement

wardy....

Hi Guys...,

I am new to Lexus ownership having bought a '95 GS300 last weekend!

It is a really nice low milage example but let down by the original alloys

having had a less than perfect refurbish.

Now.... i know the original rims are (correct me if wrong) 7.5x16

and they have 7 spokes but i am at a loss about the offset?! I hope one

of you good people will know this! Also i am a tad puzzled when i have seen

some of you refer to wheel offset with 2 figures,for example 38/45 ?? I would

have thought it can only be one? Sorry if i am being thick :blush:

The attached rim pic is a 17x7 and i wonder also if any of you can look at it

and know for sure it is a simple replacement with no issues that is to say

can anyone offer the correct offset for the pictured rim? I will just also say

that i am indeed aware that the new tires will have to be able to offer the same outside

dia. to be "right"! Oh.... and will the original wheel bolts fit or is that more money!?

Thank you all very much in advance and i have to say after a good look around that

it really does seem a great forum and i will look forward to joining in some more!!

Trevor... post-29184-1242672195.jpg

Now.... i know the original rims are (correct me if wrong) 7.5x16

and they have 7 spokes but i am at a loss about the offset?! I hope one

of you good people will know this! Also i am a tad puzzled when i have seen

some of you refer to wheel offset with 2 figures,for example 38/45 ?? I would

have thought it can only be one? Sorry if i am being thick :blush:

Welcome. You're right there should only be one offset. I don't know where you've seen these two figures referred to exactly, but I can try and make a guess (which might of course be wrong) as to what was being referred to. Perhaps someones was talking about a range of offsets for suitable wheels, or perhaps different offsets for front/rear ? Sometimes people do run different width wheels at front and rear, with different offsets.

Sorry that I can't help you any more, as I really don't know a lot about the GS.

Steve......

Thanks for offering some insight, and i have to say i saw the comment regarding

the two offsets written as 38/45 on this wheel and tyre forum right here but i have

been unable to locate it... (more than one post had this type of info too, i am sure!?)

One other point i forgot to mention...... am i right in saying that my original rims

are going to be 5 on 114 PCD/ And is this the same thing as the 5 on 114.3 i have seen

mentioned a few times, both on this site and on other tyre and wheel sites? I am guessing

that the point 3 part is just overlooked for ease of writing??

Thanks a lot

Trevor :)

To the last two posters.... thanks very much for taking the time to respond!

I am LED to believe.... after contacting the pictured wheels owner, that this rim is

45 offset, and so this would mean that it would be "sticking out" just a tad more than

the original... correct?! Assuming as gareth suggests it is 50 on my existing

rims.

Which brings me to my next point... Tigerfish says 35 to 50, and i think this is where i

get puzzled as this is what i mean by the two different figures, and would i be right in

thinking that this figure would therefore alter depending on model year or car spec, etc?!

lastly... bear with me... :blink: the 60.1 bore size? I guess is the size for the centre cap

fitment? Or perhaps more specifically the size required to clear the hub centre etc?!

Thanks again

Trevor.... :D

the bore size of a wheel is the size of the inner most hole that mounts to the hub on a car. It has to be the same or larger than the car you wish to fit the wheels to. If larger you can use spiggot rings to reduce the centre bore size on the wheel to match the hub.

My guess for the varied offsets you found would be that the original 18" GS sport wheels that had optional 10" wide rears would have had staggered offsets aswell as widths. Unless running massive wheels & tyres you should be able to use a lower offset to fill the arches out a fair bit. The standard GS wheels are rather sunken in the arches in my opinion.