Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Help Much Appreciated

Saraj

Hi, just hoping someone could help me.

I bought a Vacuum Cleaner fron Argos last August, over last month of so, the suction on it has gone, tried new filters and all the usuals but no luck.

With previous experiance, I took it back to Argos, expecting there would just replace it, I told them the problem, there tested it and found there was a problem.

But then the assistant called the manager, and the manager said that I would need to contact Vax the manufacture directly.

She pointed to a sticker on the back of the vacuum with Vax's number

I said it has a 12 month garuntee with Argos directly and not with Vax.

But she replied by sayng that with Vax products I got to contact them, as if there accepted it, there would not get credited from Vax.

If this right, in the past, there just replace or replace with another?

yh been doing alot of research and according to the sale of good act 1979, as Steve has mentioned, its the retailers responsibility not the manufacturer and the trader needs to take it up with them.

Im going back tomorrow to kick the managers *****.

plus is also states that there can only arrange an repair if it does not cause an invconveince to the consumer, in this case having no vacuum cleaner for weeks would be an inconvience lol

watch this space, i will get them to change it, i dont want the same as its rubbish

any recommendations for a cleaner from argos?

Its always worth taking out argos's extra warranty cover on things, its not that expensive and in my experience if you have ANY problems at all the take it back for refund/exchange no trouble at all, and you get the price you paid for it even if its been reduced since you bought it.

Not sure if you can get them in argos but i have a henry hoover and i think they are good, or dyson balls are very good, the brush bar pulls the carpet back up lovely and fluffy :) think that may be a women thing though!!

I don't know which brands it applies to, but it is the case that with some brands Argos does direct you straight to the manufacturer..........

However, always worth trying a different branch of Argos as they may just give you a replacement if they don't know what's going on. I remember a while back I bought a TV aerial, stopped working 11 months in, and they actually didn't even replace it, they gave me a full refund!

can i go to any branch for retunrs, i always thought you have to go to the one you bought it from?

Haven't returned anything for a while so not sure if there's been a change in policy but I used to buy and return from different branches............

I got a Vax over 10 years ago. It was, and still is, an excellent machine. I reckon you just got a duffer - when mine does eventually go, which it shows no signs of doing yet, I'd happily buy another one.

If you look on the Vax, it saying to return to them if you have problem and not where you got it from :o not saying its right or wrong for them to say that, but got carpet cleaner and thought it odd to say this at the time when i took it out the box :duh:

If you look on the Vax, it saying to return to them if you have problem and not where you got it from :o not saying its right or wrong for them to say that, but got carpet cleaner and thought it odd to say this at the time when i took it out the box :duh:

Some manufacturers say this, purely because places like Argos will take stuff back without checking whether it's actually working or not - then it's Vax's loss if it turns out it's working perfectly...........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links