Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Suspension Problems Anyone?

Hi gang, It seems to me that more than one or two RX's are developing problems with air suspension, where the system sticks on N with the 'off' light flashing. I've read stories about £2000 repair bills for complete pump assemblies! Scary huh? Well when i diagnostic check the system it says exhaust valve fault (yes there's an air exhaust valve on the pump unit) but when i dismantle it, clean it, re-assemble it then check it's operation with a test probe there seems to be nothing wrong with it, it's resistance is 3.2 ohms. But still it puts up the same fault code! Any ideas?

Hi gang, It seems to me that more than one or two RX's are developing problems with air suspension, where the system sticks on N with the 'off' light flashing. I've read stories about £2000 repair bills for complete pump assemblies! Scary huh? Well when i diagnostic check the system it says exhaust valve fault (yes there's an air exhaust valve on the pump unit) but when i dismantle it, clean it, re-assemble it then check it's operation with a test probe there seems to be nothing wrong with it, it's resistance is 3.2 ohms. But still it puts up the same fault code! Any ideas?

What error code(s) do you get?

• 9 months later...
Hi gang, It seems to me that more than one or two RX's are developing problems with air suspension, where the system sticks on N with the 'off' light flashing.

Not quite what I have got but mine seems to want to go into high, but does not stay there. This could simply be a lack of understanding of how it works ( as I do not have an owners manual ), but does not seem right.

The low setting seems to work fine and stays put.

Any advice please gents and ladies ?

Hi gang, It seems to me that more than one or two RX's are developing problems with air suspension, where the system sticks on N with the 'off' light flashing.

Not quite what I have got but mine seems to want to go into high, but does not stay there. This could simply be a lack of understanding of how it works ( as I do not have an owners manual ), but does not seem right.

The low setting seems to work fine and stays put.

Any advice please gents and ladies ?

Wont stay in high beyond about 15mph - very irratating if you want to drive up a track at a reasonable pace.. Yet more naneygate software...

Wont stay in high beyond about 15mph - very irratating if you want to drive up a track at a reasonable pace.. Yet more naneygate software...

Ah, that would explain things. Thanks Steve, as you say very annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

My RX300 SE-L has just started giving the same symptoms as these other threads

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=63660

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=13756

The clicking noise however has stopped, and the OFF light has gone out; but the ride-height is all over the shop. Only after a bit of driving does the car settle down but now even at standstill the car is approx 1-inch higher on the drivers side rear than the passenger side.

The car is booked in on Wednesday to have it looked at but after reading these threads I fear a huge bill looming as it's a '04 model and out of warranty... Will keep you posted.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links