Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlight Washers

HI all.

wondering if anyone knows how to replace the headlight washer. Noticed the other day that some little bugger has stolen the drivers side headlight washer.

Dont know how they have done it or how it actually comes off. I have found with the one that is left, you can pull it up, but does not seem to pull off. How the hell do you remove or fit them, or have the b*****ds broken it.

Quick update on how to fit and get working again, see post 17, i have given the method for replacing actuator. easy done :-)

HI all.

wondering if anyone knows how to replace the headlight washer. Noticed the other day that some little bugger has stolen the drivers side headlight washer.

Dont know how they have done it or how it actually comes off. I have found with the one that is left, you can pull it up, but does not seem to pull off. How the hell do you remove or fit them, or have the b*****ds broken it.

if they've pulled the coloured cap off then they've broken it as its held to the jet with two philips screws.if you are going to replace the jet you'd be better removing the bumper as it makes it a hell of a lot easyer.

you reed to remove some clips and two 10mm bolts that hold the washer jet frame and fog light in.not too hard a job though.

HI all.

if they've pulled the coloured cap off then they've broken it as its held to the jet with two philips screws.if you are going to replace the jet you'd be better removing the bumper as it makes it a hell of a lot easyer.

you reed to remove some clips and two 10mm bolts that hold the washer jet frame and fog light in.not too hard a job though.

Thanks for reply,They have pulled the coloured cap off along with the washer jet attatched, the pump etc still extends when the button is pressed, are you saying the washer jet part of the cap is attatched with screws as i cant see them on the existing one left on other side. cheers

HI all.

thanks for reply, the coloured cap and washer jet has been removed, the pump still extends when button is pressed. How is the washer jet itself attatched to the extending pump arm as i cant see any screws on the existing one left. cheers

ok, I don't like the sound of that. Take a look at the diagram below. The actuator (85207A/85208A) is all one part, looking at that diagram are you saying that part of the actuator has been removed ? If so you'll need a new one and that ain't going to be cheap :(

diag_2IpaRF.png

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...si&img=5911

i have tried to put a photo of the part that is missing, hopefully will work and see what part of actuator is missing. i have put a red line across the top which is missing. cheers

get on ebay theirs a few on their mate!!!!!!

was looking through eBay theres a few there as ormi said. some are around £40.

cheers all. great site and appreciate help. managed to land one for £40 on eBay, just need the cap for it now. then the dreded fitting.

cheers all. great site and appreciate help. managed to land one for £40 on eBay, just need the cap for it now. then the dreded fitting.

Stav is selling some caps on eBay item number......... 220421217282

Just drop him a PM and he'll sort you out.

to be honest the fitting isn't too bad just take your time and you'll do it.not much to removing the bumper some 10mm along the bottom 1 10mm on each side under the splash guard and a few clips up top then you just pull then you just unplug the washer jet hose job done lay your bumper down somewhere safe so you dont scratch it swap over the jet job done!!poss take you 1 to 1,1/2 hours matey!

to be honest the fitting isn't too bad just take your time and you'll do it.not much to removing the bumper some 10mm along the bottom 1 10mm on each side under the splash guard and a few clips up top then you just pull then you just unplug the washer jet hose job done lay your bumper down somewhere safe so you dont scratch it swap over the jet job done!!poss take you 1 to 1,1/2 hours matey!

new to this site and am really surprised how helpfull you guys are. thanks for the replys and advise. Have dropped stav a message re: washer caps, hopefully wont be long till all back to normal.

new to this site and am really surprised how helpfull you guys are. thanks for the replys and advise. Have dropped stav a message re: washer caps, hopefully wont be long till all back to normal.

get some pics up when your finished matey

theirs no one on here that wouldnt help a fellow loc member matey!!

LOL yeah have the caps for sale. also have the washer actuators if anyone wants them

Stav

see above matey someone pinched his.

• 2 months later...
HI all.

Hi All, Thought id just update this post and add a little info for anyone that has this annoying problem with broken headlight washer jets.

I eventually got the actuator off of eBay at £40 and the cap ready painted from jap parts.

I tackled the job today as i had some spare time and took only 25mins to sort out. Although the advise was to remove the bumper to fit the actuator, i found it not neccessary. The Actuator breaks down in to parts, 1)The main body / tube. 2) A plunger inside the tube with a spring (actually fixed to the plunger is the actual washer jet) 3) The washer jet cap.

After examining the new actuator that i purchased i found that under the rubber collar covering the plunger was a push and twist cap, which when turned, released the plunger from the tube.

With this in mind i found the job quite simple to do, and here is the solution without removing the bumper.

1st) remove 6 screws/bolts from the plastic cowling under the car so you have enough play to get your hand in from inside the wheelarch, there is no need to actually remove the plastic cowling.

2nd) Get your hand in through the wheelarch and push up the rubber sleeve from around the bottom of the actuator to reveal the plastic push and turn collar.

3) Once you have released the collar you will find that if you pull and extend the plunger you can jiggle it out of the main body and out through the hole in the bumper.

4) Once you have done this, remove the plunger from your new/secondhand actuator, pull the plunger so you are compressing the spring and feed it back in through the hole in the bumper. NOTE; dont yet feed the plunger back into the actuator tube as it is easier to fit the cap beforehand

5)Once you have jiggled the plunger through the hole in the bumper, Pull the plunger which compresses the spring and gives you enough room to attatch the JET CAP with 2 small screws,(you will need a dumpy phillips screwdriver to do this)

6) Once the Cap is attatched, feed the plunger back into the actuator body by reaching through the wheelarch, once in just align the locators up and push and turn as you did to remove.

7)Pull the rubber skirt back down to cover the push and turn collar

8) you have now completed the fitting, check operation of washer jet, you will find it requires several pushes of the button to refill the actuator with water.

9)put bolts/screws back in plastic cowling under car

10) Happy days, all done