Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Water Noise Behind Dash

Hey lad this is what we've been doing on our Tezzas to fix the gargling noise, it fixed mine... (quoted from tezzaworld.com)

If it happens its air stuck in the water system.

You will need to burp the system to ensure the air bubble doesnt get stuck somewhere and cook your engine!

Steps:

Park your car somewhere flat

Undo the radiator cap (when car is cold)

Start engine

Turn the heater on to full heat (HOT) and fans to MAX

Let the car idle till the water temp has warmed up

Top up any coolant that goes down in the radiator from the bubbles that pop up.

Then just refit the radiator cap.

Heaters work with the coolant so turning the heaters on will just ensure the whole water system is flowing, and warming the car up just ensures the thermostat opens so that again, the whole water system is flowing, the bubbles of trapped air in the system will come out at the radiator as its the highest point of the cooling system.

I had to leave mine running with the rad cap off for about 25 mins, but sorted out the air lock ;)

Also i recently got 4 new tyres fitted to my Tezza (Uniroyal Rainsport 2) by far the best grip i've ever had from a tyre in dry and wet :)

Hope this helps

I just noticed this garling noise with my car as I just had to move it and its been stood still all day so engines cold. Checked the fluid level and seems a bit low so will have to get some soon but think I'll flush the system as that yet needs to be done. How do u flush the cooling system apart from just opening the lil tap on the rad?

Hey lad this is what we've been doing on our Tezzas to fix the gargling noise, it fixed mine... (quoted from tezzaworld.com)

If it happens its air stuck in the water system.

You will need to burp the system to ensure the air bubble doesnt get stuck somewhere and cook your engine!

Steps:

Park your car somewhere flat

Undo the radiator cap (when car is cold)

Start engine

Turn the heater on to full heat (HOT) and fans to MAX

Let the car idle till the water temp has warmed up

Top up any coolant that goes down in the radiator from the bubbles that pop up.

Then just refit the radiator cap.

Heaters work with the coolant so turning the heaters on will just ensure the whole water system is flowing, and warming the car up just ensures the thermostat opens so that again, the whole water system is flowing, the bubbles of trapped air in the system will come out at the radiator as its the highest point of the cooling system.

I had to leave mine running with the rad cap off for about 25 mins, but sorted out the air lock ;)

Also i recently got 4 new tyres fitted to my Tezza (Uniroyal Rainsport 2) by far the best grip i've ever had from a tyre in dry and wet :)

Hope this helps

Wicked thanks mate! Have topped it up, but will see if that solves the problem, if not will try what you suggested!

Thanks again

Taken car out for a decent drive today, and no sign of gurgling noise. Also notice MPG is a bit better too, only by about 3-5 but still improved.

Looking forward to having the car serviced.

Thanks everyone

James