Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension Change

Rabster

As title says

I have new Coilovers and ARB's question i have is how long will it take to change over say just the fronts as my passenger side is shot to S*** and the car is sitting wonky now lexus said it was leaking i think its fresh out of juice now lol

will there be much problem in just changing the fronts untill say the weekend ?

Rabs

It says i need a ball joint splitter now i know i dont have 1 of them but i do have a big hammer lol

is there a walkthrough for changing to coilovers or is it basicly the same lol as i wont need to take the springs off

Anything to watch out for when doing it ??

Rabs

Yeah its pretty simple, followed the guide myself in a car park for "unregistered users" car (without reward may i add :))

Just be careful splitting the ball joint as we managed to bend one. but a big hammer is prob the best option as it shocks it off rather than forcing it like a splitter.

Stav

Yeah its pretty simple, followed the guide myself in a car park for "unregistered users" car (without reward may i add :))

Just be careful splitting the ball joint as we managed to bend one. but a big hammer is prob the best option as it shocks it off rather than forcing it like a splitter.

Stav

Must be time for a new car again ............. as unregistered user is sorting another japan north meet out :lol:

He better do it by the book this time, or he will be in the paper's for something else :winky:

Ok well i have the front on lol

only took a little longer on the 1st one than planned i couldnt shock the ball joint into splitting so i undid the 2 bols on the underside of the brake carrier pulled the disc and pads of that way and then undid the shocks from the op and pulled out to the rear i didnt take any pics as by this time i was filty and was to much effot to try and find it lol

i did have a quick peak at the ARB so will do these at the weekend

the second side was changed over in about 20min lol

i would strongly sufest undoing the 2 carrier bolts underneather instead of breaking the ball joint

Rabs

Ok well i have the front on lol

only took a little longer on the 1st one than planned i couldnt shock the ball joint into splitting so i undid the 2 bols on the underside of the brake carrier pulled the disc and pads of that way and then undid the shocks from the op and pulled out to the rear i didnt take any pics as by this time i was filty and was to much effot to try and find it lol

i did have a quick peak at the ARB so will do these at the weekend

the second side was changed over in about 20min lol

i would strongly sufest undoing the 2 carrier bolts underneather instead of breaking the ball joint

Rabs

Handy to know as I am changing shocks and springs this week. Was going to use the same guide and was unsure on the ball joint part.

Will go for the undoing the carrier bolts route...

Thanks and great timing :)

not a problem i did struggle with just one person so if yoa have a second pair of hands would be of great help to you

i dont know about the rears yet as im doing those on saturday but i have a subs and stuff in boot so thats all got to come out before i can start :tsktsk:

will be doing the ARBS's then to yay lol

anyway on way to work this morning i got a rubbing on passenger side when going round the roundabout within the speedlimits i might add lol

im thinking this is due to coilovers being set that little lower and on the standard ARBS so hopefully once i have put the new ARBS and rears coilovers it will change things

Rabs

not a problem i did struggle with just one person so if yoa have a second pair of hands would be of great help to you

i dont know about the rears yet as im doing those on saturday but i have a subs and stuff in boot so thats all got to come out before i can start :tsktsk:

anyway on way to work this morning i got a rubbing on passenger side when going round the roundabout within the speedlimits i might add lol

im thinking this is due to coilovers being set that little lower and on the standard ARBS so hopefully once i have put the new ARBS and rears coilovers it will change things

Rabs

hello matey :D you might find the rubbing is because you only have the fronts fitted at the moment, but they were set quite low? the only rubbing i got was when on full lock to the right and it rubs on the plastic arch liner a little? when you get the full setup fitted you'll love how it handles mate :D

good morning Chris hows the holiday going (or car hunting:P)

i didnt think it would rub to much as i only have the 17" and you had the 18" but oh well lol

looking forward tot he whole lot being on the car this weekend

Rabs

good morning Chris hows the holiday going (or car hunting:P)

i didnt think it would rub to much as i only have the 17" and you had the 18" but oh well lol

looking forward tot he whole lot being on the car this weekend

Rabs

Hols going good mate cheers, was on the beach most of yesterday B)

Think you should be ok when you get the rears fitted mate, i had no rubbing when i had the 17" alloys on mine :)

Rabs

I got a mate coming to help, I will be doing the rears first as its so high.

Yea I will also need to remove amp & sub prob do that the night before so its ready to go at in the mornin.