Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Colour Wheels On A Plat Ice Styling Kit 18s?

Hi guys,

Im thinking of changing the colour of the wheels on my car. Not green or anything so don't panic. I just quite like the colour of the front wheels if I don't clean them for a fortnight, kind of a dark silver. Has anyone tried any different colour wheels on Plat Ice cars. I love the look of anthacite wheels on darker cars, but havn't seen any on lighter cars to compare. I still got the normal chrome head lights and tail lights so don't know If I'd have to change them aswell.

My wheels are the styling kit kit 18's as in my pic below.

If anyones got any pics i'd be most apreciative.'

Thanks

Gareth

Try smoked chrome or black chrome with late spec lights all round. In my opinion that would look good! But remember its just an opinion, everyone is different :)

Always thought the styling kit rims would look better in a different shade though.

Yeah a different shade of silver could be nice. Cos at the moment it doesnt match thebody work, but its not different enough to contrast. I've got a couple of spare wheels that both need refurbing so I could try a different colour on them and see what they look like.

Don'y suppose anyones got any smoked head/tail lights going begging? Any one pics pics of smoked lights on a Plat Ice car? I need some inspiration.

Thanks for the replies

Gareth

Yeah a different shade of silver could be nice. Cos at the moment it doesnt match thebody work, but its not different enough to contrast. I've got a couple of spare wheels that both need refurbing so I could try a different colour on them and see what they look like.

Don'y suppose anyones got any smoked head/tail lights going begging? Any one pics pics of smoked lights on a Plat Ice car? I need some inspiration.

Thanks for the replies

Gareth

WHeel colour is quite important!

Dark colours make the wheel look smaller remember. And white makes 17s look like 18s! :D

Thanks for the replies

Gareth

WHeel colour is quite important!

Dark colours make the wheel look smaller remember. And white makes 17s look like 18s! :D

(dark colours)not all the time......depends on the wheel style.

heres a pic of my red mr2 with gloss black wheels and imo they look big...........

4389845714a4995586755l.jpg

R.I.P my sweet mr2

I don't actually agree with that, a darker wheel blends in with the tyre which makes it look larger..........

I've seen plat ice cars with the 17s in anthracite and it looks great, yep doing the lights too will look pretty good too imo.

Wheel styles/colours are a very very personal thing. What looks very cool to one person can look horrible to another. Personally I don't like dark wheels on a silver car, but as I said in another post, each to their own. I've certainly seen several Platinum Ice IS200s with anthracite wheels, and it does look distinctive. You could always get a side-on pic of your car and then play with a photo editor to change the wheel colour to get some ideas ?

I don't actually agree with that, a darker wheel blends in with the tyre which makes it look larger..........

just got to make sure you have plenty of tyre shine!!! :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links