Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Flashing Dash Lights?

I was driving home today and three lights started flashing on my dash, the door open light, the battery light and the SNOW light. all three were flashing like mad all the way home??

Any ideas?

Did you set 'disco' mode on the stereo? :hehe:

I was driving home today and three lights started flashing on my dash, the door open light, the battery light and the SNOW light. all three were flashing like mad all the way home??

Any ideas?

Did you set 'disco' mode on the stereo? :hehe:

checked that, definitely off!! lol

I don't think there's any reason the Snow light will flash unless there's some sort of electrical glitch. Water ingress seems the mostly likely reason, and given that it's been raining a lot in the last couple of days, that could be connected - e.g. a windscreen seal that is now perishing ?

How long have you had the car ? It's unlikely that you will know for sure whether the windscreen was replaced by a previous owner unless you've had it from new. What maker's mark is on the windscreen ?

I would check for signs of water around the fuse box on the driver's side in the footwell.

Otherwise it's possible there's a loose connector or something like that, e.g. if you've had the dash out recently (your signature says you've put LEDs in your dash).