Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Poss Next Meet In Midlands

redz_UK

At the last Midlands meet there was a few ICE installs and people looking for advice so i though this may be of interest to some..

19th July @ BassJunkies Open Day, Wolverhampton, WV11 3PX

Some details are still TBC but there will be other car clubs there and more than likely a 'sound off' or bass competition and massive discounts on equipment tooso if your looking buy any ice stuff it could save you ££££££'s

There were 4 Is200's, a soarer and a GS there last year, inc none club members but as there we didnt get in early enough we just ended up parking two of us together.

It would be great to get a few members together and have a club section. i can think of a few members with systems that would do us proud and even a few none ice cars would be great!

I could even arrange a best lexus ICE award! For those that would be interesting in just having a look around there is also a nice pub up the road next to the cinema with a massive car parkso it could almost be two meets in one..

i will post more details as they are available but if anybody is interested in attending please add your names here so i can get the ball rolling.. needless to say i will be there!!

477570blowresproof.jpg

if we can get 6 members to attend, we will get a club stand.

if we can get 6 is200's / saloon cars to enter the 'sound off' competition the they will create a Saloon class for us (its very difficult to compete against hatchbacks)

further info will follow as i get more..

Sounds interesting.

How are sound off's judged. Assuming there are different classes, for different budgets. Is it down to a judges individual appreciation for what a system sounds like, or is it more technical than that?

Plainly the boring class would be how many Decibels a car can create, a DB meter would be used how would the sound quality be judged?

Sounds interesting.

How are sound off's judged. Assuming there are different classes, for different budgets. Is it down to a judges individual appreciation for what a system sounds like, or is it more technical than that?

Plainly the boring class would be how many Decibels a car can create, a DB meter would be used how would the sound quality be judged?

this is a really simple sound off, how loud it is..

Im not sure on the classes yet but prob rookie, street , extreme based on no of subs, it normally works well. There will be no professional competitors so everybody is in with a chance. However, as i mentioned before, its VERY hard to get bass in a saloon so i have asked for a Saloon class which should make it nice and straightforward. (might need to put a clause in on no of subs here too though)

SQ is very subjective and all of the SQ comps come with very long rulebooks but at the end of the day they just do it based on the judges ear making it very subjective IMO.

I could ask one of the guys to do this specifically for LOC if thats what the majority wants? would be based on SQ, build quality and trickery/gadgets?

the best thing of all is that its free to give it a go!

hey redz. how you doing. well opened up my front box today to let the air threw the 6by9 holes and it didnt like it :(. so blocked it bk off. opened up the ports abit more in the sky hatch and trimmed it. sounds alot better now and that third bass note my car didnt like is not as mad now :). next up dynamat :). i would like to see what mine is pushing on on db. but no were near the same as yours lol.

hey redz. how you doing. well opened up my front box today to let the air threw the 6by9 holes and it didnt like it :(. so blocked it bk off. opened up the ports abit more in the sky hatch and trimmed it. sounds alot better now and that third bass note my car didnt like is not as mad now :). next up dynamat :). i would like to see what mine is pushing on on db. but no were near the same as yours lol.

db is surprising mate, what sounds louder may not be!!!

hmm,prob because the ports are through the ski hatch. so you could have cancellation issues..

be good to see you at the meet..

great!!

it would be really interesting to see what the stock system does to give us a benchmark!! anybody fancy being the guinea pig??

Jus been to Wolverhampton/Walsall stores and saw a couple of guys who will be competing . . . there should be an SPL class and a Streetbass division goin on.

I think (unfortunately) there will be no way on this earth a Lexus will even come close to winning any part of the competition apart from Best car in show!! :winky:

Jus as an example my cuz reckons he may take part . . .he has sumat crazy . . .4x 15" HiFonics Brutus subs tuned to 28hz (in a Mondeo of all cars!) . . ear poppin stuff . . flexes shop windows when goin past on high street!!

But will be a good day out regardless!

Jus been to Wolverhampton/Walsall stores and saw a couple of guys who will be competing . . . there should be an SPL class and a Streetbass division goin on.

I think (unfortunately) there will be no way on this earth a Lexus will even come close to winning any part of the competition apart from Best car in show!! :winky:

Jus as an example my cuz reckons he may take part . . .he has sumat crazy . . .4x 15" HiFonics Brutus subs tuned to 28hz (in a Mondeo of all cars!) . . ear poppin stuff . . flexes shop windows when goin past on high street!!

i wondered when you might post up! :winky:

This is exactly why i suggested a class that we would stand a chance in and looking at the numbers there will now be a saloon class!!

i wondered when you might post up! :winky:

This is exactly why i suggested a class that we would stand a chance in and looking at the numbers there will now be a saloon class!!

Hi Redz - u said above that you wondered when i might post up?

Are you saying that you know who i am? U may have heard of ma cuzn (Danny) or should i say u might have heard him! lol

I dont think i know you cos i live in Coventry but i got a lot of fam near the Walsall Bass Junkies store - (Walsall Rd)

Sorry if i seem like im jumpin to conclusions but i wasnt sure what u meant lol!

BTW i am goin too so add me to the list!

lol.. dont worry, you dont hav a stalker!

no, one of the guys in the shop mentioned that an is owner had been in..

consider yourself added..

me

aaronabbot

paul cross

mikeys is

iceman 67

mrMISTeRYo

lol . . . . its a shame really . . always wondered wot it wud be like to have a stalker . . :crying:

and jus to clarify i will be attending but unfotunately my system isnt installed jus yet . . . but hopefully ill get it all sorted by then!!

Im not as nuts as some ppl on ice but i will hopefully be runnin 2x 15" Hifonics Brutus subs 700w rms each pushed by 2x Hifonics titan 25th aniv amps.

I got a Pioneer Dehp7900ub up front but i havent decided on the speakers yet . . . .may end up gettin MB quarts lol!! or maybe sum Audiobahns.

But ill keep u updated on wot happens and if i need any advice!

Lol i got another cuzn goin (if u havent guessed im indian by now i dunno wot will giv it away lol!) who is gonna be runnin a 15" MMATS Juggernaut . . . anybody who knows audio will know what those things do for you health . . . :whistling:

lol . . . . its a shame really . . always wondered wot it wud be like to have a stalker . . :crying:

and jus to clarify i will be attending but unfotunately my system isnt installed jus yet . . . but hopefully ill get it all sorted by then!!

Im not as nuts as some ppl on ice but i will hopefully be runnin 2x 15" Hifonics Brutus subs 700w rms each pushed by 2x Hifonics titan 25th aniv amps.

I got a Pioneer Dehp7900ub up front but i havent decided on the speakers yet . . . .may end up gettin MB quarts lol!! or maybe sum Audiobahns.

Lol i got another cuzn goin (if u havent guessed im indian by now i dunno wot will giv it away lol!) who is gonna be runnin a 15" MMATS Juggernaut . . . anybody who knows audio will know what those things do for you health . . . :whistling:

you got 6 weeks mate loads of time to get it installed..

you may struggle to get the 15's in mate. the boot opening is only 14" so you would need to build the box in the car or have 2 VERY shallow box's lying flat..

If your around tomorrow, i will be at the w-ton branch tomorrow afternoon if you want a mini meet..

Oh, and MB quart all the way mate..

you got 6 weeks mate loads of time to get it installed..

you may struggle to get the 15's in mate. the boot opening is only 14" so you would need to build the box in the car or have 2 VERY shallow box's lying flat..

If your around tomorrow, i will be at the w-ton branch tomorrow afternoon if you want a mini meet..

Oh, and MB quart all the way mate..

Mate id love to meet up but the only reason im in that area is cos my grandfather passed away last week so thers a lot of travelling back and forth. I jus popped in to the Walsall store to have a gander.

Yh i figured its gonna be pretty difficult to have an install in an odd shaped boot like the IS. I have tried to see how i can arrange to two subs and the solution i can come up with is to have them lying at 55degree anglefacing each other. only thing is it gonna have to be a dodgy box cos of the wheel arches gettin in the way.

It may well have to be jus the 1 15" but ill do my damndest to shove another one in there!! :shifty: