Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Service Gift!

dave1

My GS430 went in for a service today at Lexus Coventry. On collecting the car I was amazed to find that on the front passenger seat, in addition to the small box containing the tool for removing the locking wheelnuts, was what seemed to be a large plastic bag with a paper/card seal with "Lexus" on it.

It turned out to be a bag & pair of plastic gloves in case of a puncture! You place the punctured wheel in the bag to prevent your boot getting dirty.

Out of interest....do all Lexus dealerships leave the wheelnut gizmo box on the seat rather than putting it back in the glovebox?

after i service the cars i work on i leave the locking key on the seat so the customer knows i've put the key back in the car and not lost it!!it also shows that it has been used during the service.

after i service the cars i work on i leave the locking key on the seat so the customer knows i've put the key back in the car and not lost it!!it also shows that it has been used during the service.

Cheers Ormi. I thought there must be a reason it was always left on the seat :) .

That's a nice touch.

I would imagine the reason why they always leave it on the passenger seat is so Lexus know it's there and you have received it back rather than putting it in the glove box or thinking they have only for it not to be there when you need it also you will remember putting it back in the glovebox.

Basically it a visible reminder the lock key is there so no arguments later.

Nice to receive a gift, but why the bag? Doesn't the punctured wheel just go where the spare was? Perhaps it's for the newer cars that come with spacesavers?

WOT !! :ohmy: You leave a greasy item on someones leather seats !! OMG :ohmy:

;)

;)

The locking wheelnut gizmos are in a plastic box which fits into a sub compartment in the glovebox with the touch-up paint & lacquer. There is no reason for the box itself to be greasy.

it also shows that it has been used during the service.

Doesn't actually prove that it has been used :whistling: , however if I didn't trust my dealer to do a proper job I wouldn't have used them at all.

I always keep the locking wheelnut box under the boot shelf with the spare wheel which happens to be a space saver hence the need for the plastic bag. Lexus Coventry gave me such a bag when I bought my used GS450h along with two GS450h key fobs in presentation tins and a set of mats and £20 worth of fuel.

Nice people at Lexus ;)

Malc

;)

i would hate for you to have a flat tyre if you dont know what your looking for so you can change it!

or do you just call tha AA or RAC :lol::lol::lol::lol:

;)

i would hate for you to have a flat tyre if you dont know what your looking for so you can change it!

or do you just call tha AA or RAC :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: