Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

Looking at buying a GS300 SE or SEL, can someone confirm the differences between the models? Is it the 18inch rims, sunroof and ML stereo.

Also I believe the sat nav in the GS is not as good as the IS multimedia, but that the satnav in the GS was updated in 07.

Are previous versions in the GS (pre 07) that bad?, or is it worth trying to pay a bit more and get an 07 model?

Any other advice for me on what to look out for?

Thanks

Hi,

Looking at buying a GS300 SE or SEL, can someone confirm the differences between the models? Is it the 18inch rims, sunroof and ML stereo.

Also I believe the sat nav in the GS is not as good as the IS multimedia, but that the satnav in the GS was updated in 07.

Are previous versions in the GS (pre 07) that bad?, or is it worth trying to pay a bit more and get an 07 model?

Any other advice for me on what to look out for?

Thanks

I have a GS05 SE, only difference between mine and a revised 08 is a slight revision in wing mirror and a satnav display (06). If you want my advice buy a GS pre March 06 as you will save £200 ish a year in car tax!

SEL will give you different alloys, go for the 17" rims, much quieter and cheaper tyre. Other difference I think is a spoiler, sunroof and stereo upgrade although the standard stereo is excellent.

Try both models, you will not see any difference in driving dynamics.

"Also I believe the sat nav in the GS is not as good as the IS multimedia, but that the satnav in the GS was updated in 07."

The sat nav in the GS is excellent!

"Are previous versions in the GS (pre 07) that bad?"

There are no 'bad' versions of the GS, :D reliability is second to non. Minor body revisions were made in 08, so from 05 to 08 it is the same car, apart from satnav display.

"is it worth trying to pay a bit more and get an 07 model?"

No. Buy a 1 or 2 owner full service history example regardless of year. Nothing much to check apart from general scuffs on the alloys. These can be re-dressed quite cheaply. Check body work and interior for a rough life. Excellent reliability mechanically.

These are just my thoughts. I went to look at a late 07 GS but decided on a very low mileage 05 with FLSH. I didn't consider the car tax until I bought it. I made the right choice, the GS, whatever year, is a beautiful car, you will love it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links