Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just thought I'd share my opinions of my '55' reg IS250 SE Auto MM now that I've had it for 3 months.

Bought it as a Approved used car from a Lexus dealer back in February. No problems with the purchase, although I was annoyed that despite them having the car for sale for a couple of months, they had not done the Steering Rack and Rear Brake recall. A quick trip to Lexus Sheffield sorted that problem.

Car is a dream to drive. Lovely smooth auto box and I love the paddle-shift for some fun on country roads.

Very nippy to drive. Doesn't have the grunt of the IS300 I used to have, but still feels just as quick. It is just more refined in the power delivery.

Mark Levinson sound system is great - nice to have such good sound quality while in a car!

MPG: I've been quite impressed with the MPG I've been getting. I knew it would be rubbish on my short 4 mile run to work, through the local villages (about 24MPG) but get the car on a long run and it's great.

Yesterday I did a return journey from Sheffield to Cardiff. 400 mile round trip on Motorway pretty much all the way. I wasn't going slow :whistling: ! I didn't need to fill up the car for the trip back and I still had quarter of a tank left when I returned home (used to have to top the IS300 up for the return journey). The trip-computer said my Average MPG was 37.5 - lovely!

With the comfort of driving and the ease of the auto box I have to wonder why anyone would buy a manual. Then, with the MPG I'm getting on long runs and the price difference between petrol and diesel, I'm wondering why anyone would buy the IS220d!

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil

Good to hear about the car so far.

I too have a IS300 and am thinking of changing to a IS250 SE-L but can't quite take the plunge.

Are there any big differences between the two in levels of driveability (not interested about toys and gismos) mostly important things like tyre wear, tramlining, handling , comfort on long distances that sort of stuff.

Cheers

Hi Phil

Good to hear about the car so far.

I too have a IS300 and am thinking of changing to a IS250 SE-L but can't quite take the plunge.

Are there any big differences between the two in levels of driveability (not interested about toys and gismos) mostly important things like tyre wear, tramlining, handling , comfort on long distances that sort of stuff.

Cheers

I did the same thing. From IS300 to IS250.

The cars are really chalk n cheese.

I have had a few problems which Lexus have sorted out, but in terms of looks and 'toys', they are incomparable. The IS300 is sportier, there is no doubt. And has more poke. I always liked the button gear change.

But the IS250 is classier. And has better MPG

No tyre wear issues so far and apparently it isn't a problem on the 250 like it was on the 200/300. Car is really comfortable for a long run.

I would personally say that the IS300 handled slightly better than the IS250 on bendy country roads, but I think the difference is only slight. May be due to the IS300 being slightly smaller.

The 250 is a better car in my opinion, even when you don't take into account the extra toys.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links