Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250 Parking Sensor Kit.

I am thinking of fitting a parking sensor kit to my car, front and rear, what sort of job is it please? Have you got to remove the bumpers to fit one? It's a genuine Lexus kit I will be getting if I do.

why not get them fit it? Any ideas on cost? I'm thinking of doing the same

Also does anyone know if I can get adaptive cruise control with the front sensors?

Here's the instructions for the installation of the Lexus parking sensors..........LINK

Adaptive cruise isn't from the parking sensors, it's a separate (very expensive) radar unit that is housed where the Lexus badge is on the front grille - if you see a car with ACC it's very obvious as the badge is all black and shiny (if that makes any sense!)

Have a look at the instructions front and rear bumpers removal ,drilling etc,rear seat removal, boot trim removal , seat well trim removal .Cabin trim removal Partial dash dismantle and drilling .speedo removal Loom cutting and modifying .Looks to me like £200 plus for labour alone to have this carried out !

glad I have my rear camera!! fitted.Ithink it is a much better option .

Have a look at the instructions front and rear bumpers removal ,drilling etc,rear seat removal, boot trim removal , seat well trim removal .Cabin trim removal Partial dash dismantle and drilling .speedo removal Loom cutting and modifying .Looks to me like £200 plus for labour alone to have this carried out !

Slightly off topic, but why are only 2 front parking sensors fitted on the SEL as standard?

Can the other 2 be added easily, ie does the wiring exist?

Cheers.

Slightly off topic, but why are only 2 front parking sensors fitted on the SEL as standard?

Cheers.

you dont need anymore as the are a wide spread sensor if you know what i mean.

Cheers.

you dont need anymore as the are a wide spread sensor if you know what i mean.

No. I don't agree.

They only sense on the corners.

Here's the instructions for the installation of the Lexus parking sensors..........LINK

Adaptive cruise isn't from the parking sensors, it's a separate (very expensive) radar unit that is housed where the Lexus badge is on the front grille - if you see a car with ACC it's very obvious as the badge is all black and shiny (if that makes any sense!)

Does anyone have idea how much the ACC radar unit costs?

Thanks, Matt

Does anyone have idea how much the ACC radar unit costs?

Thanks, Matt

I think it's somewhere in the region of £4-5k and that's just for the part..........

• 4 months later...

Cheers.

I just binned my IS220d sport for crap fuel consumption after a year of trying to get it fixed. I exchanged it for an IS250 auto MM SEL with the rear camera. I had the lexus front parking snesors fitted, all 4 of them at the dealers as part of the deal for £247.00. There is a manual on/off switch under the dash for them, and boy do you need it!. They are more sensitive and trigger when overtaking or being overtaken(not very often!)

Good decision to change, I am getting around 30-34 mpg whereas the 220d was doing around 29-31....even on a long run it barely went to about 35-36mpg.

Hope this helps,

regards

Ray

I have checked out having the parking sensors fitted at Lexus Belfast. I am advised that because of the configuration of the sensors and the arrangement from the ECU, that sensors have to be fitted front and rear and the total cost of this work is a prohibitive £1100!!! Has anybody tried a DIY sensor fitting with genuine parts? It does look a helluva job!

I have checked out having the parking sensors fitted at Lexus Belfast. I am advised that because of the configuration of the sensors and the arrangement from the ECU, that sensors have to be fitted front and rear and the total cost of this work is a prohibitive £1100!!! Has anybody tried a DIY sensor fitting with genuine parts? It does look a helluva job!

Have you read the LPA800 fitting instructions???There is NO connection to the ECU.Perhaps they are talking about somyhing else.

Have you read the LPA800 fitting instructions???There is NO connection to the ECU.Perhaps they are talking about somyhing else.

I did as it happens and i have looked at it again, and you are right, there is no connection to the ECU. No, i dont think they are talking about something else. I did e mail them telling them of what i was thinking about and they did call me to discuss it. Once they mentioned £1100 to me, i kinda stopped listening, but they definately did mention the connection of the front and rear sensors to the ECU, suggesting that the front and the rear must be done together. I was told that this had been verified by their service department. As that goes against what one of the posters mentioned earlier, i can only suggest that maybe they where talking about an updated system to the LPA800, or else they dont want to touch the job!!!

Hello, guys!

I'm new to this forum, since I just bought my 2006 IS 250 days ago, but one thing I noticed is the front sensors' poor sensitivity, as opposed to the rear ones or to other cars' front sensors! For example, if the rear sensors sense an object at approx. 1 meter distance, the front ones sense it at approx. 20 centimeters or so.

Is this thing common for IS models, or should I have them checked? I know the front bumper has been re-painted by the previous owner, but the whole thing has been done by an authorised Toyota dealer, so I don't suspect any job errors there.

All the best to everyone.

----------------------------

Later edit

Sorry, guys, for this post, just found the answer in one of the manuals posted on the Lexus official US site.

Apparently, the detection range is limited to approx 50 cm (1.5 ft) for the corner sensors (both front and back). i would have to check and see if this distance is indeed the one "used" by my car.