Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi everybody, hope all is well, i need two tyres for the ls430 and was just wondering what people reccomend?

i may get 4 tyres but was just wondering what people have, the key thing is comfort and low noise levels?

is everybody running er33`s or has anybody changed,

what are ure reviews? thanks

Anuj

I have four Michelin Pilot Sport tyres on mine. It's probably a bit much as they are quite expensive but for grip/noise/comfort, I don't think you can beat them. Also, I have seen them on a Merc S65 AMG so if it's good enough for that monster, it's good enough for me.

The research I did, for what it's worth, showed the Mitchelins to be best all round but at a price. Second best, I found, were Goodyear GSD3s at near half the price.

I checked the Which? guides and a tyre review web site where users gave their views and how many miles they had done. The site totalled the miles and averaged the ratings so you get a good idea of how good or bad the tyres are. Can't remember the site.

I went with GSD3s on the rear and have been very happy so far.

Malc

ive got michilin pilot sport ps2s on my honda accord and they are excellent, however they are a performance tyre, whereas the ls430 is not so much of a car to be thrown into bends e.t.c. if u can see where im coming from, looking for a tyre that is quiet and comfortable,

Recently I upgraded from the ER33 recently to the Michelin Primacy HP.

Fantastic in the wet, unbelievably quiet.

Unfortunately they are also unbelievably expensive.

It’s true you do get what you pay for.

hmm i can get the primacys for around £170 each, but the reviews ive read are never good.

well except that one. is it a a definite imrprovement over the er33?

Although I don't have a lexus, I did buy two Michelin Primacy HP tyres recently, 17inch, something like 225/45. Kwik Fit were coming in about £280-290 a pair. I phoned my local tyre fitter who did same tyres for £250, fully fitted. I've always thought the big tyre fitters or local dealers were cheper than these small outfits - I was wrong so it is worth trying local.

Nice tyres, good grip, low noise etc.

hmm i can get the primacys for around £170 each, but the reviews ive read are never good.

well except that one. is it a a definite imrprovement over the er33?

I found it to be a little bit quieter than the ER33 but a bit improvement in the wet.

No more understeer on a wet roundabout.

A friend of mine runs an IS250 on Falken FK452 tyres and says they are one of the best tyres he's ever had wet or dry and they are quiet.

Can't comment on the quiet bit, after an LS all cars sound noisy.

Not that keen on putting a budget tyre on a car as heavy and powerfull as an LS though.

Mark

I swapped Pirellis for Falkens and I was massively impressed quieter and I can drive much more confidently, it sticks! Around £80 a corner. Well thought of in surveys too. But I only have an LS400...

im not keen on putting on putting budgets on either mark, tyres are the most important thing on a car which is why im researching into the best. i was considering getting 4 bridgestone turanzas or michelin mxv4s shipped over from america, but think im going to get the pilot sport ps2`s. just need a few more reviews.

Falken FK 452. superb on my series 1 GS300 Sport. If I can get them I will be putting them on my GS430 when I need to replace existing rubber.

Just to add my input..................... I have a 54 plate 430 with 80k on, and after considerable research

I replaced 2x rear Bridgestone Turanza's with Falken 452's about 1k miles ago.

If one goes to comparison sites, the Falkens equal or beat the Turanzas at a much keener price and I would agree

that wet grip is better, rolling resistance is better, but they are slightly noisier.

As I'm not a price snob I believe better, cheaper tyres are well worth the noise compromise, which is un-noticable

with any audio playing.