Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi From Finland

mikko

Hi everybody!

I just bought tonight my first lexus or actually it´s toyota altezza rs200, but anyway. It is still in Japan and I should receive more pictures soon, now I only have the auction photos. It should arrive in a month or two to Finland, cant wait to see how it runs! This was my third car from the Japanese auctions, the first two were nissan pulsar gti-r and r32 gtr skyline (600hp+).

Like the first two, this is not stock one either. Here is a short list of modifications I know this far, this is quickly traslated from the aution sheet by my auction agent. Is the steermatic pedal-kind-of shifting or not? Like the traslation says it has full Trust Turbo-kit installed and in the sheet the was a note that it makes 280ps. This is all I know about the car :D

Please comment and if you can translate japanese and get more out of the auction sheet, please tell.

*3S turbo

*Steermatic

*Trust turbine kits

*stainless exhaust manifold

*front pipe for turbo

*Tom's 280T straight exhaust pipe

*After market meter

*CPU was adjusted for this car

*After market suspension, brake pad

*After market 18inch alloy wheels

*HID

*TRD aero bumper

And here are the auction photos:

00006002.jpg

00006003.jpg

00006001.th.jpg

It´s just clumsy translate from Japan to english so it might be normally called to something else. I dont have any pics on this laptop, I can upload a pic tomorrow from another computer.

Couple of more questions about the altezza;

-Any estimates how fast it can make 0-100km/h?

-What kind of brakes these rs-models have?

-What do you think are the weakest parts of this kind of aftermarket turbo altezza? Gearbox? clutch? engine?

-How much this rs-model differens compering to is200 ?

-Is there any reasonable priced webstores in Uk you can recomend? I just bought a box of parts to my porche 986 from uk and they were almost half the price comparing to local sellers :)

Thank you!

Couple of more questions about the altezza;

-Any estimates how fast it can make 0-100km/h? I'd reckon around late sixes.

-What kind of brakes these rs-models have? Same as Is200 i believe, 2 pot sliders.

-What do you think are the weakest parts of this kind of aftermarket turbo altezza? Gearbox? clutch? engine? The clutch i would reckon, depends on the boost level (could be engine internals then)

-How much this rs-model differens compering to is200 ? Less spec in side (doesnt have electric seats, sunroof, leather seats etc,)

-Is there any reasonable priced webstores in Uk you can recomend? I just bought a box of parts to my porche 986 from uk and they were almost half the price comparing to local sellers :) I'd try eBay mate, thats prob your best bet. Most retailers in the uk seem a bit overpriced cause most stuff comes from Japan

Thank you!

Rs200 models have what is called E-shift, a "manual" shifting buttons in steering wheel. I have noticed that this is quite rare equipment and availtable in eu only in is300 models. I hope this is what streermatic means in my papers.

I hope I have lsd on mine, pretty strange if there is not. I will receive paper for the car within a week or two so I can check the vin and other options thou it has auto AC wich is the most important for me.

What do you think this kind of modified rs200 would be worth in the UK? Driven only 93k km.

The turbo-kit seems to cost almost the same as stock car and this is one reason I bought this one. And still I took a huge risk of ending up with a car that cant be registered ever here, the road law´s in Finland are really awful from modifiers side :)

This is what vin decoder says, still wondering the version:

Market

Japan

Year

03/1999

Make

TOYOTA

Model

ALTEZZA / ALTEZZA GITA

Frame

SXE10

Vehicle characteristics

DESTINATION: JPN: JAPAN

BODY: SED: SEDAN

ENGINE: 3SGE: 2000CC 16-VALVE DOHC EFI

TRANSMISSION: ATM: AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

COLOR CODE: 040

TRIM CODE: FA20

Search Results

VIN* Model code From To Frame Characteristics

10988028.. SXE10-AEAVF 10/1998 - 06/2005 SXE10 JPN SED 3SGE ATM

There's a guide here as to which equipment came as standard on which RS200 models (e.g. Z edition), I don't know if that might help.

It´s just that I am not sure wich model this one is :D Well I will found it out later when I get it in my hands.

According to that chart, it can't be an L edition since it doesn't have a body-coloured roof drop moulding. If the steering wheel is plastic-covered then it's the regular edition. If it's got a leather steering wheel it's either the Z edition or that's been fitted later.

I have no idea what a "conlite" is, that appears to be something else to distinguish the Z edition.

I now received the pictures form the tokyo harbour! The car is Z-edition! And it looks pretty mint. I am a bit disapointed because there was no pictures of the suspension and there is no intercooler at all. Well the IC is simple to add later.

Here is the gallery:

http://img20.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=sxe1000203811.jpg

Tell me what do you think and if you see something different from the original :D