Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recession And Deflation

Ok I'm not that good at economics but if as we are told the economy is deflating and therefore prices are falling :whistling: ( including crude oil) why is petrol and diesel creeping up in price?

Round here it's yo-yoing, it got all the way up to about a £1 a litre, and now it's dropped back to about 94.9p - no idea what's going on............

And yes, I agree with Aaron.......

Seems to be up about 1p each week or two even though crude is fairly static. With all the other things regarding recession/depression, MPs fiddling, various conflicts, they probably think it will go unnoticed. Certainly there seems to be no real headlines/protests at this time.........and I am another who agrees with Aaron on this.

Its the same everywhere. Average price where i am is about 97.9. Wasn't there a tax increase recently of 2p then another just after the budget?

Radio 4 reported on this yesterday.

It's down to speculators buying it up to put in to storage in the expectation of being able to sell it at a future

high profit. There is now so much already in storage that capacity is not far off running out.

Arr I see so the price is being made artificially high so we buy more :whistling: so the speculators have more storage space,the government has more revenue for expenses and the speakers £1.2 million pension pot, and we get the immense enjoyment of paying for it.

I'm getting good at this politics lark think I'll stand as the Independant Lexus Drivers Party candidate does someone want to sponsor me? I'll give a share out of my pension and expenses if elected ( now I even have a party mandate!)

Vote for Steve2006 your Independant Lexus Drivers Candidate :D

petrol is @ 99p at local BP station....robbing bast@rds

is that the brandon rd one,asda on the london rd is £0.96

- its the one on the island in finham, opposite the peugeot garage / a45/ bottom of Leamington Rd.

i work in leamington and the shell station is sellin unleaded for 96.9p so filled up on way home from work....i say filled up, put in just over £60 and the bloody tank had more space for fuel....fuel prices r crazy at the mo. doesent help i have a heavy right foot either.(bast@rd goverment...have to blame someone hey!)

Well here's your chance to change things!If you vote for me and the LDP ( see above posts) I will make sure that to make up for the rip off prices of fuel you will all get the "FREE" tumbler glasses ( one tumber per 1000 litres),I feel reintroducing this incentive will raise morale and make the petrol price look cheaper!!!!!!! Very clever eh! :whistling:

Well here's your chance to change things!If you vote for me and the LDP ( see above posts) I will make sure that to make up for the rip off prices of fuel you will all get the "FREE" tumbler glasses ( one tumber per 1000 litres),I feel reintroducing this incentive will raise morale and make the petrol price look cheaper!!!!!!! Very clever eh! :whistling:

Green Shield stamps might just get my vote :) ........but not if it was 1 stamp per 1000ltr.