Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie Wanting Advice On Sat Navigation Unit

Sorry this may have been posted before but I cannot find it.

Just purchased a is200 sport (2000 X). The previous owner had let the Battery go flat whilst selling it :tsktsk: . I have purchased a new Battery and everything seems to work ok except for the Sat Nav system that is built in. It open and closes without issue but that's it. The screen is blank and lifeless.

Please help

Just purchased a is200 sport (2000 X). The previous owner had let the battery go flat whilst selling it :tsktsk: . I have purchased a new battery and everything seems to work ok except for the Sat Nav system that is built in. It open and closes without issue but that's it. The screen is blank and lifeless.

Please help

do you have an aftermarket head unit?

Welcome to LOC! :)

First thing to check would be the fuses, there's one in the engine bay, one in each of the passenger and driver footwell - I don't know where the fuse is for the nav unit but all the covers tell you what's in them so just pull them off and take a look.

Just purchased a is200 sport (2000 X). The previous owner had let the battery go flat whilst selling it :tsktsk: . I have purchased a new battery and everything seems to work ok except for the Sat Nav system that is built in. It open and closes without issue but that's it. The screen is blank and lifeless.

Please help

Lol. Please explain! Am I out of my depth???!

Welcome to LOC! :)

First thing to check would be the fuses, there's one in the engine bay, one in each of the passenger and driver footwell - I don't know where the fuse is for the nav unit but all the covers tell you what's in them so just pull them off and take a look.

I will check all the fuses after work.

Am I correct in assuming that if the Battery goes flat it can cause issues with the electronics?

Am I correct in assuming that if the battery goes flat it can cause issues with the electronics?

Shouldn't do, my battery's gone flat twice - once through dying, and once through lack of use and both times I've had no problems.

However, anything's possible so best to check fuses first. One question though, did you see the nav working before you bought the car?

Please help

is the stereo the standard lexus one or is it a diferent one?

Please help

is the stereo the standard lexus one or is it a diferent one?

Yes sorry it is all standard but, I have noticed the rear speakers are none standard. (Thanks for your help).

Am I correct in assuming that if the battery goes flat it can cause issues with the electronics?

Shouldn't do, my battery's gone flat twice - once through dying, and once through lack of use and both times I've had no problems.

However, anything's possible so best to check fuses first. One question though, did you see the nav working before you bought the car?

Nope but at the price I got the car I wasn't arguing!!! (Thanks for your help).

If it aint in there then i'm sure u might be able to find one on eBay. Have you tried the remote btw mate? Like changing screen settings? I'm not sure if the standard screen has an on screen display for settings but if it does then it would give some kinda indication that the screen is working or not

It can't be no disc, if that was the case it would still come on and say "insert disc" or something along those lines.

As above, you have tried pressing the buttons on the remote? If the system is off, then obviously the screen won't come on :)

If it aint in there then i'm sure u might be able to find one on ebay. Have you tried the remote btw mate? Like changing screen settings? I'm not sure if the standard screen has an on screen display for settings but if it does then it would give some kinda indication that the screen is working or not

There is a remote. I'll have a look when I get home. I'd like it to work lol. I've looked on eBay but I couldn't find one. Unless I was putting in the wrong info!

If it aint in there then i'm sure u might be able to find one on ebay. Have you tried the remote btw mate? Like changing screen settings? I'm not sure if the standard screen has an on screen display for settings but if it does then it would give some kinda indication that the screen is working or not

There is a remote. I'll have a look when I get home. I'd like it to work lol. I've looked on eBay but I couldn't find one. Unless I was putting in the wrong info! Where does the dvd go???

It can't be no disc, if that was the case it would still come on and say "insert disc" or something along those lines.

As above, you have tried pressing the buttons on the remote? If the system is off, then obviously the screen won't come on :)

Lol. Nope I haven't tried. Lol. I bet the batteries have gone too!!! lmao. Please be gentle! I'm just learning!!

It goes in the boot, but it's unlikely the cause as you'd get a message on screen telling you there's no disc if that were the case.

Please be gentle!!! lol

There is a remote and a device in the boot. I bet the remote batteries are wasted. lmao.

Please be gentle!!! lol

Lol, no worries mate, try all of the above and let us know how you get on :)

Will do. If that fails I'll have to stick to my tomtom 730 travel. Its ok but I wanted less clutter on the screen. Thanks again.

The fuse for the satnav screen is the "TV" fuse in the fusebox in the passenger's side footwell.

Still no joy. I've checked all the fuses under the bonnet, passenger footwell and drivers footwell. Still no joy. The remote works with the sound but the screen still does not come on???? Where does the cd go??? Is there any fuses in the boot?

The fuse for the satnav screen is the "TV" fuse in the fusebox in the passenger's side footwell.

Still no joy. I've checked all the fuses under the bonnet, passenger footwell and drivers footwell. Still no joy. The remote works with the sound but the screen still does not come on???? Where does the cd go??? Is there any fuses in the boot?

Sorry to hear that, no fuse in the boot as far as I know, CD goes in the nav unit in the boot under the carpet floor...........next thing is prob to check all the connections are in properly on the nav unit in the boot, and also into the back of the screen - there are also problems where the ribbon cable to the screen fails but not sure if that's an easy fix if it is the problem.