Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Swap

Plus if you read the small unit, that price is on an exchange basis. otherwise youve got to pay another £250 and the warrenty's void.

it also says no ancillaries, which prob means no Turbo's either.

Search for GSportscars thread on fitting his 2JZ and you'll see how much work.

Stav

Bah be original go for a R33 GTR Skyline RB26DET engine and get it 4wd that would be the ultimate is200 then :D 4wd with a big single conversion ;) or on a cheaper scale something like a SR20DET light powerfull and easy to tune :)

Bah be original go for a R33 GTR Skyline RB26DET engine and get it 4wd that would be the ultimate is200 then :D 4wd with a big single conversion ;) or on a cheaper scale something like a SR20DET light powerfull and easy to tune :)

Did actually have a look at the SR20DET, small so its defo going to fit, and loads of manovering room to get it sat right.

But would not fancy trying to mate the wiring looms up! HAHAHAHA! Plus like you said loads of tuning potential.

Yeah well spotted Stav, I didn't get that far down the page before I started thinking about getting it in my car! LOL!

yeh that's the only thing that puts me off the conversion :) stil think a RB26DET with 4wd is the way forward :P now to win the lotto and I will do it :) if I can find someone that would take the job on lol

If i won the lotto fella, i'd do it myself! And just pay someone to help when I **** it up LOL

More then £2500 in labour????

Err yes. If you think my conversion should be around the 8K mark including a fully rebuilt 3SGTE. It gives you some idea as to the work involved.

Ahh, ok then. Thats another idea out the window, lol

For the 4K your thinking your prob looking at a something like my old setup: TTE charger, exhaust back box, decat manifold, emanage mapped, bigger intercooler, induction kit. 240 bhp with 200 lb/ft torque

Stav

For the 4K your thinking your prob looking at a something like my old setup: TTE charger, exhaust back box, decat manifold, emanage mapped, bigger intercooler, induction kit. 240 bhp with 200 lb/ft torque

Stav

Is there much room for improvement in that set up though? My consern is i'd get all that on my engine and then either the engine dies or i'd get used to the power. And then have to go back to the drawing board and install a new engine anyway.

i think it will go more thank 10k figures. i think stav hd his conversion done for a good price.

Think the phrase is " if a jobs worth doing, its worth doing right" just have to work on funding. LOL!

Might be worth looking at what SPC Horsham are doing with Dave's car, i.e. turbo conversion (rather than turbo engine swap).

Yeah i have had a quick read through thread. Have considered a turbo conversion. But to do most the work myself.

Could be a quicker way to get more power at a cheaper cost.

I know a fabricator too, who is had a great tallent for welding staneless steel. My try get him to make the manifold LOL!

Might be worth looking at what SPC Horsham are doing with Dave's car, i.e. turbo conversion (rather than turbo engine swap).

Yeah i have had a quick read through thread. Have considered a turbo conversion. But to do most the work myself.

I know a fabricator too, who is had a great tallent for welding staneless steel. My try get him to make the manifold LOL!

Making a manifolds not just welding a few pipes, there quite a few calculations on lengths and stuff to consider.

You'll have to change the rods etc anyway in the FE engine if you want more than 240-250. Engine Conversion really is the way to go. Dave's going his way because he want to see how much he can push the standard engine/block.

Stav

Making a manifolds not just welding a few pipes, there quite a few calculations on lengths and stuff to consider.

You'll have to change the rods etc anyway in the FE engine if you want more than 240-250. Engine Conversion really is the way to go. Dave's going his way because he want to see how much he can push the standard engine/block.

Stav

Yeah I know, I used to be an engineer. Have done diesel engine fitting on large industrial engines.

If I can get some specs sizes and scalled pics, and could do the drawings for him to work off.

Going to keep tabs on Dave's conversion, on cost and performance gains too.

But certainly either way going to start planning now, to make sure when I do it, its going to be right.

What do you think the final cost of your swap is, and what sort of power have you got? Or performance 0-60/top speed??

Cheers James

Stav

Yeah I know, I used to be an engineer. Have done diesel engine fitting on large industrial engines.

If I can get some specs sizes and scalled pics, and could do the drawings for him to work off.

But certainly either way going to start planning now, to make sure when I do it, its going to be right.

What do you think the final cost of your swap is, and what sort of power have you got? Or performance 0-60/top speed??

Cheers James

It cost me £5k but he's said to do it again would be 7K, drive drive out job.

As for power should have 302bhp now (from injector cycles)

so power figures from here: http://letstorquebhp.com/calculator.asp

should be roughly:

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 302

Weight without Driver (KG) : 1650

Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 185.97

0 - 60 (Secs) : 5.84

0 - 100 (Secs) : 14.07

60 - 100 (Secs) : 8.23

Quarter Mile (Secs) : 14.14

Terminal Speed (MPH) : 100.25

Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 14.04

Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 101.38

Stav

Cheers James

It cost me £5k but he's said to do it again would be 7K, drive drive out job.

As for power should have 302bhp now (from injector cycles)

so power figures from here: http://letstorquebhp.com/calculator.asp

should be roughly:

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 302

Weight without Driver (KG) : 1650

Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 185.97

0 - 60 (Secs) : 5.84

0 - 100 (Secs) : 14.07

60 - 100 (Secs) : 8.23

Quarter Mile (Secs) : 14.14

Terminal Speed (MPH) : 100.25

Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 14.04

Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 101.38

Like that website calculator, good find.

Congrats on car, looks like it'll go like a rocket!

7K defo out my price range, thanks for info

James